Window Shopping (Lift Kit & Tires)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
So I have been eye ballin a set of Cooper Discoverer STT 285/70/17's and after putting them up to my stock height Tahoe, they would clear the rear (Barely) but they would not fit my front w/o a lift.

2 inch or 3 inch?
Leaning toward Tuff County Suspension Lift.

What do you suggest???

(Keep in mind I DO NOT want to go any bigger than a 3 inch lift. I daily drive my Tahoe and hauling kids out of a car seat in a 2 door is hard enough without a 6 inch lift, lol.)

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those will fit with a little crank up front. No need for a full lift. If you do decide to lift get a 6" kit that is more of a 4" true drop and decrank till the cvs are flat. That would be a great set up.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey ur in cali! i have a used procomp 6 inch lift has everything ill sell u cheap! 500 bucks!

OP
OP
IRQVET

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
hey ur in cali! i have a used procomp 6 inch lift has everything ill sell u cheap! 500 bucks!

That would be temping if I was in the market for a 6 inch lift. But I only want enough to clear the tires and be functional. 6 inch lift looks sweet, there's no dought about it, but I only want a 2 inch lift ideally but I'm willing to go 3 inch but no higher than that.

If my ride wasn't a daily driver, I would go with a 6 inch lift, and I would probably build mine to model BowTieFreaks hoe. (Which is the best looking hoe of all time IMO)

Thanks for the offer thou, I'm sure someone will take it off your hands. Btw, those painted side markers look sweet !!

Last edited:

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw, those painted side markers look sweet !!

thank you!

and no worries on the lift i just threw that out there

and trust me a dd lifted tahoe is horrible on gas (well maybe cuz i had swamers) lol

98TahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to jack the thread but would you be willing to ship the lift kit? Would this work on a 98 Tahoe with autotrac?

98TahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I actually live in Vancouver, British Columbia. But, I could have it shipped to Blaine Washington and go and pick it up. Could you possibly let me know the part number of the kit so I can check and see what other parts I may need?

Cheers,
Ryan

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes ill get the part number
i think its a 5809 could be wrong tho ill look at the box when i get home

98TahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes ill get the part number
i think its a 5809 could be wrong tho ill look at the box when i get home

Cheers, Thank you. I just need to figure out what parts would be different between a 2 and a 4 door and if there are any other differences in the years besides needing a new front driveshaft. Is the kit complete, shocks and all?

Ryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n