03 Z71 Tahoe with 4" RC NTD lift still rides kinda rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That applies to the rear bump stops. I'm talking about the jounce stops in front.

I was either under the impression that jounce stops were another name for bump stops, or that jounce stops may be airbags. From the picture that just looks like a standard rubber bump stop.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, im confused why you are trying to decrank the torsion bars more? you need to get it off the bump stops to begin with and see how it rides. you may have to find some stock keys if youre trying to only run 3-4" of lift? not sure never messed with torsion bar front end
the RC shocks should be fine for a while since you already have them.
It looks like he has brackets that drop the front subframe away from the torsion bar's original mount, so if he is ALSO running torsion bars intended for lift and isn't satisfied with the tall stature, he needs to pick one or the other. Personally if I wanted minimal lift and minimal points of failure I'd ditch the drop brackets and use the aftermarket torsion bars alone. Sometimes drop brackets restore OEM factory ride height handling on a lifted truck though - it depends on their design.

If his truck is sitting at normal unloaded ride height and front or rear, any bump stop is contacting, he is going to have a harsh ride. Bump stops are intended as a last resort to keep the tire from smashing your inner or outer fenders and/or the body of the vehicle when the suspension jounces to its most compressed state.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If his truck is sitting at normal unloaded ride height and front or rear, any bump stop is contacting, he is going to have a harsh ride. Bump stops are intended as a last resort to keep the tire from smashing your inner or outer fenders and/or the body of the vehicle when the suspension jounces to its most compressed state.

The front jounce stops should be contacting the lower control arms at ride height.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird. In that case it seems like neither the torsion bars nor the shock are actually providing any ride quality if you're riding on a rubber bushing, essentially.

OP
OP
76Nick

76Nick

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to abandon my post....have been dealing with some things. Thd torsion bars are stock, the keys are not as stated. 2" lift I believe. I didn't have OE keys to put in. The Rough Country NTD kit is supposed to give factory ride quality. Possibly new Jounce stops? Could mine be worn from having a cranked torsion key lift previously? Or try loading my keys a little more? Maybe there is not enough tension so the truck is sitting down too far on the Jounce stops?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts