Atomic Fabrications Coilover Alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaterBug84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve searched the internet for an answer but keep coming up short. I know contacting Atomic Fab would probably yield some results but thought I’d give this a shot first. I’m currently weighing the pros and cons of Atomic Fabrications and JD Fab. No disrespect to Viking but the fact that I could go with King Coilovers is a huge plus and worth the extra work and cash. My question is, has anyone gone with AF but used their own Coilover? If so which one? King, Fox, Bilstein, Pro Comp… anything. According to Atomic, Viking has a 1/2” mounting bolt, and bearing with of 1-3/8”. Is their any other information critical to firmament?

Also I should add, I have an 02 tahoe LT with a 3 inch torsion key lift and Moog rear springs that gave me about and inch or two lift. I’d like to keep the same lift dimensions if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
I’ve searched the internet for an answer but keep coming up short. I know contacting Atomic Fab would probably yield some results but thought I’d give this a shot first. I’m currently weighing the pros and cons of Atomic Fabrications and JD Fab. No disrespect to Viking but the fact that I could go with King Coilovers is a huge plus and worth the extra work and cash. My question is, has anyone gone with AF but used their own Coilover? If so which one? King, Fox, Bilstein, Pro Comp… anything. According to Atomic, Viking has a 1/2” mounting bolt, and bearing with of 1-3/8”. Is their any other information critical to firmament?

Also I should add, I have an 02 tahoe LT with a 3 inch torsion key lift and Moog rear springs that gave me about and inch or two lift. I’d like to keep the same lift dimensions if possible.

Thanks in advance!
I’m lowered, not lifted, but I have ViKing’s on all 4 corners of my 2012. What makes you hesitant?

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can use any shock you want with my kit as long as it fits that mounting arrangement and is the right size. You have to use a 2" body shock to clear the stock or typical aftermarket UCAs. A 2.5" shock will be too large (actually the spring that it uses is too large to clear). Viking and QA1 generally have the best length options in the range youll need. King and Fox have a couple options if you have a 4"+ lift but dont work well for stock to 3" lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts