Eibach Front Springs Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Down8

Reaction score
PREAMBLE:
I am hoping to rebuild the entirety of my 235k Tahoe's suspension. I tossed in a 2" lower strut spacers, just to get the nose off the ground, and it was ugly under there. This seems to have been a well maintained truck, but 235k is 235k, so a lot needs refreshing. I already felt the need for shocks/struts, as it was somewhat jarring in driving (reminded me of my 2010 2500HD/Duramax with keys), and with windows down, lots of squeaks coming from under the front end (windows up: no noise). My end goal is 3-4" of front end lift, and maybe +1-2" in the rear via the Moog 81069 springs, and a small spacer, if needed. But I'm looking for front end input.

QUESTION(S):
I have been debating a simple refresh, leaving the lift spacer in, versus a set of lifted struts/springs. I like what I've seen of Eibach's line, being a momma-bear, not-too-soft, not-too-firm ride. Their Pro-Truck adjustable lifts are bare shocks, so re-using in-place springs/isolators/etc. But they seem to sell springs, too, which give their own lift (allowing the strut to be set closer to the stock level with less pre-load, I assume).

I've found these springs (using Summit specs):
E30-23-005-02-20 - 2007-2013 RWD, 2.3" lift
E30-23-006-07-20 - 2014-2018 4WD/RWD, 2.5" lift
E30-23-006-01-20 - 1999-2006 RWD, 2.5" lift

It's like a scattershot that missed 2007-2013 4WD trucks. But the 2WD uses the same front springs, right? So the first option (*005-02-20) should be the right one? What comes in their "Stage 1" kit (E80-23-005-02-22) for the pickups?

Do these use the stock upper boots/isolators? They have notes about "Must be used w/Eibach shocks," but also mention being on stock shocks/height. :shrug: Anyone know if the quoted lift is with the shock set to highest, or lowest (i.e. what would these give on a 'stock' strut)?

OTHER:
I plan on getting new UCAs and dropping the differential. I need at least one new CV, or to rebuild my passenger side, due to a slit in the boot. Plan to do sway bar links/bushings all around (any need for adjustable/longer links for such a small lift amount in the rear?). Same question about the panhard/track bar: any need for the Spohn piece with just an inch or two in the rear? My OCD will get to me if there's any noticeable offset.

Thanks for any input,
-bZj

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The max I would recommend lifting without a proper lift kit would be 3 inches.

I haven't heard of anyone running those Eibach springs but if you want to move to a lift spacer that goes on top of the strut instead of under the strut you will want to get at minimum a 2 inch above strut spacer. Then you would just need to find a strut package that can offer that extra 1 inch of lift and that would bring you to the 3 inch lift mark. You could accomplish this by using the factory spring with Bilstein 5100s struts and setting the spring perch to the highest setting.

The struts do use isolators and boots, from what I could see the isolators will never go bad but I would swap the boot while you are in there.

Get the adjustable track bar because if you do the Moog 81069 spring with a spacer lift it might move the rear end enough for it to be noticeable.

The rest of your plan sounds pretty good, If you are lifting the rear without using lifted rear shocks grab the Rough Country rear shock extension bracket and look into longer rear sway bar end links.

Check out the build in my signature for for ideas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar