Who has added Remote Start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beav626

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you added remote start to your truck? Did you do it yourself?
Im wondering if there is a write up on this or should I just take it to a shop?

Thanks

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey Danny, for what they charge, have a shop install it...had mine done and it's worth it's weight in gold when it's 30 degrees outside. There's some good shop in OKC.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Here. Installed myself. You can get wiring diagrams to do it yourself but if you are nervous about it let someone else do it for you. There are a lot of possible ways to wire a system so every vehicle can be different so a write-up may not be the best idea.

OP
OP
B

beav626

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Danny, for what they charge, have a shop install it...had mine done and it's worth it's weight in gold when it's 30 degrees outside. There's some good shop in OKC.

I will start calling some shops.

Im in a loaner Tahoe 2010 right now and love the Autostart feature.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

I have an appointment tomorrow... Looking forward to it.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed mine in my 01. I would say you can maybe handle it if you can install car stereos and are very good with wiring. If you absolutely have no clue when it comes to wiring, then by all means leave it to a pro. Its easy for me though because I used to actually be an installer. I quit a few years ago because I have a bad back. Being under a dash all day isn't exactly good for your back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65