2019 Tahoe PPV Factory Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Spartan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What’s going on everyone, new guy here from NoVA. I’ve got a 2019 PPV Tahoe and I am near my wits end trying to figure out the addition of factory remote start to my non remote start RPO optioned ride. I have scoured the interwebz and have come up with multiple dead ends. Called local dealers which don’t have a clue. Trying to figure out which remote start module I need to install before taking key fobs and vehicle to dealer for reprogramming. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s going on everyone, new guy here from NoVA. I’ve got a 2019 PPV Tahoe and I am near my wits end trying to figure out the addition of factory remote start to my non remote start RPO optioned ride. I have scoured the interwebz and have come up with multiple dead ends. Called local dealers which don’t have a clue. Trying to figure out which remote start module I need to install before taking key fobs and vehicle to dealer for reprogramming. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
the rpo code should tell you something like BTV if you don't have it oem then you can add it aftermarket, just pick the correct one for your make/year

OP
OP
J

John Spartan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do not have the RPO code for remote start. The Tahoe never had it from the factory. I want to install the factory remote start module, but I do not know which module I need to buy and neither does Chevrolet. They list a few different ones and for whatever reason the SSV and PPV VIN vehicles do not come up when they search for accessory remote with GM parts.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

My recommendation is to take it to a local trusted shop that installs remote starters, and let them do the installation. It will cost you more, but the job will be done properly.

OP
OP
J

John Spartan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

My recommendation is to take it to a local trusted shop that installs remote starters, and let them do the installation. It will cost you more, but the job will be done properly.

My only thing is I’m wanting to do the factory remote start. Not some aftermarket… let me take some pictures tomorrow and I’ll get them up here. Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo