Remote battery disconnect switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disconnected the starter solinoid and drain remains. Also checked alternatior and connections, same. What I'm asking for is advice on a good, reliable remote battery disconnect switch I can install until I can get the truck to an electric repair shop. There are only two in our area, and both are backed up at least 6 weeks.
I posted in your other disconnect thread

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@m1949 I have a second battery in my truck that I use as a spare, if needed. I use a high amperage quick disconnect plug and socket to connect the second battery to the truck's electrical system. I purchased these on Amazon.

61DvJ6X2gIL._AC_UY218_.jpg
Sponsored

BUNKER INDUST 175A 1/0AWG Battery Quick Connect Wire Harness Plug Kit Battery Cable Quick Connect Disconnect Plug for Winch Auto Car Trailer Driver Electrical Devices,2 Pcs,Red

4.6 out of 5 stars

You can find more sophisticated options on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=high+amp...amperage+di,aps,83&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_3_16

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with a parasitic drain of 110-170mA which I can't find. It Does Not Appear to be Fuse Related, as we removed all fuses, and the drain continues. Also, the drain doesn't cycle. It is always at least 110mA. I can't get it checked out by a shop before the end of March due to a shortage of shops who do auto electrical repairs in my area. So, until I can get it checked by a professional my backup plan is to install a battery disconnect switch/relay that is controlled via a remote keyfod. I'd like recommendations from anyone who has gone this route. Thanks.
I provided a link in my 1st response all you have to do is choose one, but when you say "All" fuses, does that include the inside fuses on both drivers and passenger side of dash?
have you inspected your witring harness? like lifted them up and felt for any rubbing or exposed wires?
not sure how much time you spent on this....
my guess is if it is not found by pulling a fuse then it's probably in the wiring somewhere...... either in the engine comparment, dash, under the frame or even at the brake harmess/tow harness, various modules at the rear that are exposed to the elements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10