What should I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah either way is good, I like lifted ones too. I was just messin with you. You could always do what I'm doing and get a blower.
I read that thread yesterday. I want to do that or a turbo but it's just not worth it on this truck, it's got 235k miles, I have the 4l60e and it was rebuilt at some point but i don't know how many miles it had, so I would want to get a rebuilt trans that can handle more hp. I just don't have money for that either being a highschool kid working at a grocery store for $9.25/hr.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Color match all chrome blue.
No to esky rack, yes to z71 rack.
I would start with debadging and that rust first. Plus it's the cheapest , just most time consuming.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also Ptm fender flares if you still have them.
I still have the flares but like the look with them off better so I'd rather sell them to make money that I will end up spending on more parts

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
just want some input from others to have different ideas on what to do next. Right now my mods include, lift with 33s and 18x10s, flowmaster super 10, 2 12" subs, kenwood door speakers, Sony headunit. I know I'll get debadge and demold and I do plan on doing that, also don't want to take off steps do to a rust spot. So ideas on what I should do next?
View attachment 76186

Remove side moulding,
color match chrome, or black it out
engine / suspension upgrades?
Z71 Roof Rack / or offroad rack - maybe spare tire roof carrier?
Esky Vent Caps, colormatched
bull bar?
Upgrade lights / Depos or HID? LED running lights, LED light bar?

Big things I would do would be something about the chrome, either make it black or color match, thats easy enough, and take of that side moulding.

I'm not big on debadging, but mine also doesn't have words on the side, I would take those off.

Custom color on the emblem?

Have fun. Mine is so focused on "under the hood" upgrades right now, that none of it is particularly exciting

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
oh yeah, Long tube headers, and exhaust make these trucks sound mean.

CAI, or modular intake tube

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Color match all chrome blue.
No to esky rack, yes to z71 rack.
I would start with debadging and that rust first. Plus it's the cheapest , just most time consuming.
I personally don't like the z71 rack so I'd rather do esky. I am going to color match

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I read that thread yesterday. I want to do that or a turbo but it's just not worth it on this truck, it's got 235k miles, I have the 4l60e and it was rebuilt at some point but i don't know how many miles it had, so I would want to get a rebuilt trans that can handle more hp. I just don't have money for that either being a highschool kid working at a grocery store for $9.25/hr.
Does your school have an auto shop? If it does, you can get work done just for parts and pizza. Teacher would supervise the kids as they work on your ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk