Shocks/Struts need replacing. What setup should I go with if I want to keep air ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LSBoostedModular

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I want to keep air ride for the smooth quality ride of the airbags. What are my options to replacing those struts and shocks to keep the stock air ride? Or if that’s too expensive as I think I need to replace the compressor as well and probably lines what is a good aftermarket strut shock combo to get a comfortable ride and what is needed to turn off air lights that will come on ?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, you won't get a better ride than the OEM suspension, so replace the suspension with OEM parts. RockAuto.com or GMPartsDirect.com will offer EOM parts at a substantial lower cost than the local dealership.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oem or arnott, best prices are going to be on rock auto or amazon
be aware arnott makes both a oem replacement and a passive model

OP
OP
L

LSBoostedModular

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked on Amazon and rock auto. I’m kind of confused which ones are supposed to be the oem auto ride replacements. Does anyone have a part number for rears and complete fronts with springs? On the rock auto replacements and the arnett auto ride replacements? Greatly appreciate it and thank you in advance. I don’t want to order the wrong ones by mistake. Also is there a new air line kit I can get with a new compressor

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked on Amazon and rock auto. I’m kind of confused which ones are supposed to be the oem auto ride replacements. Does anyone have a part number for rears and complete fronts with springs? On the rock auto replacements and the arnett auto ride replacements? Greatly appreciate it and thank you in advance. I don’t want to order the wrong ones by mistake. Also is there a new air line kit I can get with a new compressor
Dorman and arnott both make replacement compressors and they’re about the same price. Lots of talk back and forth about both brands having issues with compressors and lots of talk about both brands being great compressors. I replaced mine with a dorman unit like 5 or so years ago and it works perfectly still and has not given me any problems. I believe Amazon an eBay both sell airline kits. I think I ordered the air compressor from eBay and there was an airline kit in the suggested products that would work so I ordered it at the same time.

OP
OP
L

LSBoostedModular

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you! I’ll look at a dorman compressor. Also does anyone know the correct part number for the arnett or replacement struts and shocks off Amazon for a 2007 awd Denali. Looks like there is many to choose from

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I’ll look at a dorman compressor. Also does anyone know the correct part number for the arnett or replacement struts and shocks off Amazon for a 2007 awd Denali. Looks like there is many to choose from
it is best to look at the rpo code list in the glove box, the front struts will have a seperate code, the rear should just be z55 in which case the arnotts (as2708) on rock auto should be around $250 each plus a $50 refundable core (per shock) that you get credited back when the old oem shocks are returned

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
07 Yukon Denali is whatcha got so the suspension is RPO code z55 / AutoRide not Magneride (z95). They’re an active, hydraulic fluid filled strut with valves that constantly re proportion the value of the rebound & compression cycles. Only the rear have air bags mainly for ride height adjustment, but they definitely soak up additional road imperfections.

The easiest way to verify your part numbers and options is plug into rock auto. Recently R/A started differentiating between the left & right sides. No biggie. Of all the OEM (lifetime guaranteed) front z55
you need to look at the RPO sheet on your glovebox door.

It will show z55 as well as some of the other suspension codes related to spring rates. Take your time and match up the suspension code on your glovebox door to the z55 listed for L&R on the R/A site.

E4575282-7E14-43F8-8426-9D56FCFBC750.jpeg
A2260F89-7AE4-4F7E-BC69-1BAB5ED2A419.jpeg
36862222-7585-4157-A009-DC226DFA2E9D.jpeg

The rear autoride / airbag struts are easier to select. It appears as both rears struts are the same and they just assigned new part #’s.

E36507C6-E9C5-41B9-9E2E-714639192E08.jpeg

Paste up a pic of your RPO codes from the glovebox door if you need a hand

OP
OP
L

LSBoostedModular

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 Yukon Denali is whatcha got so the suspension is RPO code z55 / AutoRide not Magneride (z95). They’re an active, hydraulic fluid filled strut with valves that constantly re proportion the value of the rebound & compression cycles. Only the rear have air bags mainly for ride height adjustment, but they definitely soak up additional road imperfections.

The easiest way to verify your part numbers and options is plug into rock auto. Recently R/A started differentiating between the left & right sides. No biggie. Of all the OEM (lifetime guaranteed) front z55
you need to look at the RPO sheet on your glovebox door.

It will show z55 as well as some of the other suspension codes related to spring rates. Take your time and match up the suspension code on your glovebox door to the z55 listed for L&R on the R/A site.

View attachment 426156
View attachment 426157
View attachment 426158

The rear autoride / airbag struts are easier to select. It appears as both rears struts are the same and they just assigned new part #’s.

View attachment 426159

Paste up a pic of your RPO codes from the glovebox door if you need a hand
Appreciate all the info. I have z55 on my glove box tag. None of those other numbers appear on there. I’ll post pic. I have 6jk and 7jk. IMG_6497.jpeg

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Some of those numbers from the RPO will appear on the R/A description for the front.

I forgot to mention that those screen shots do not show all the suspension RPO’s unless you go into the R/A app, open them up and scroll down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ojb226