What should I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HD hood, headlights, maybe a lightbar or two ;), some more off-road looking steps, maybe a grillguard or pushbar, colormatch, etc. etc. The list goes on and on for these trucks lol.
I'm getting headlights soon and I'm thinking about copying you with the led cubes as fogs

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 3.73s and I want to go to 4.10s but I heard it was really expensive

Prices vary a lot by location. And it can get expensive if you also upgrade the carrier which is usually a good idea.

IMO the jump from 3.73s to 4.10s isn't worth the cost. 4.10s were a stock option, and you're running larger tires than stock... thus upgrading to 4.10s is like running an under geared stock truck. So i normally recommend using 4.10 as the stock baseline and upgrade from there, with 4.30s being a good option.

If you decide to regear, youll need a tune regardless. If you get a black bear tune they'll update the tune for gears at a later date for free. Might as well do the tune now, reap the benefits, and then that's less future costs to consider when thinking of regearing. :)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HD hood just have to keep in the hunt.

Esky parts. There were a few things for sale in the classifieds the vents and rack recently. Dig through there first.

eBay is always a good place for those parts.

Yours looks good lifted. I love mine lowered but it will never see dirt so it is perfect. Maybe one of each later.

Color matching those small parts is pretty easy.

Prep work is key.

I got all my paint from automotivetouchup.com

Spray cans and quarts for bigger stuff that I took to the shop.

Interior LEDs on eBay or Amazon for cheap and easy swaps and they have the correct bulbs. Of course you spend more money at superbrightleds.com or vleds if you want.

This should keep you busy for a while and digging around these threads will drain more $$ than you expected. Good luck man. Looking good.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HD hood just have to keep in the hunt.

Esky parts. There were a few things for sale in the classifieds the vents and rack recently. Dig through there first.

eBay is always a good place for those parts.

Yours looks good lifted. I love mine lowered but it will never see dirt so it is perfect. Maybe one of each later.

Color matching those small parts is pretty easy.

Prep work is key.

I got all my paint from automotivetouchup.com

Spray cans and quarts for bigger stuff that I took to the shop.

Interior LEDs on eBay or Amazon for cheap and easy swaps and they have the correct bulbs. Of course you spend more money at superbrightleds.com or vleds if you want.

This should keep you busy for a while and digging around these threads will drain more $$ than you expected. Good luck man. Looking good.
Advance auto sells duplicolor and they have my paint code, but if you got yours off that site I'll go with that because yours looks good. Do the esky parts fit right in without any modifications?

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prices vary a lot by location. And it can get expensive if you also upgrade the carrier which is usually a good idea.

IMO the jump from 3.73s to 4.10s isn't worth the cost. 4.10s were a stock option, and you're running larger tires than stock... thus upgrading to 4.10s is like running an under geared stock truck. So i normally recommend using 4.10 as the stock baseline and upgrade from there, with 4.30s being a good option.

If you decide to regear, youll need a tune regardless. If you get a black bear tune they'll update the tune for gears at a later date for free. Might as well do the tune now, reap the benefits, and then that's less future costs to consider when thinking of regearing. :)
How many times will BBP retune for free, is only free if I have the autocal?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not used Duplicolor but see a lot of guys use it and being able to get it right now without shipping cost is probably worth it.

Esky parts are a direct fit as is the HD hood.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I see a nice lowered Tahoe and wish I went that way but I like the lifted look more
Yeah either way is good, I like lifted ones too. I was just messin with you. You could always do what I'm doing and get a blower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia