What should I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your school have an auto shop? If it does, you can get work done just for parts and pizza. Teacher would supervise the kids as they work on your ride.
We have a class called engines and power and one called advanced mechanics and I took the engines and power class and the teacher liked me so he would let me work on it there after school but I just don't have time after school because I'm working after school 4 of the 5 days. This summer I will have a lot of time to work on my truck so I'm thinking about getting the parts that I want and doing what won't take me long and saving the big stuff for the summer. I'm also going to work with my dad this summer so I'll have every afternoon free and be making a lot more money, he said he'd pay me $100 a day and the only bill I pay is car insurance for $150 a month so I plan to buy way too many things for the Tahoe this summer

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also going to work with my dad this summer so I'll have every afternoon free and be making a lot more money, he said he'd pay me $100 a day and the only bill I pay is car insurance for $150 a month so I plan to buy way too many things for the Tahoe this summer

Not as fun adult advice time, set up an IRA account. Interest and time are on your side.

I wish someone had told me that when I think about how much money I spent in my teens and 20s on cars that I no longer own.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Not as fun adult advice time, set up an IRA account. Interest and time are on your side.

I wish someone had told me that when I think about how much money I spent in my teens and 20s on cars that I no longer own.
I wish someone would've gave me that advice when I was young. Take his advice.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd this advice. You can compound your savings/investments with interest alone more now at your age than many of us can even think about doing so in our 30s and 40s.

Now we have to mod sensibly? try to save and take care of the kids...lol....in what order is that supposed to go? :) stepped down from the soapbox.

But have fun, just put some money away too.

Last edited:

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I honestly think the Z71 rack is too bulky, but it also depends on the truck. I feel like it looks best with the extra cladding and stuff specifically from the Z71. Idk, that's just my view. I'm also considering getting LED cubes in my rear bumper for reverse lights.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Esky racks belong on lowered or at most leveled trucks, it's more of a classy rack than an off road rugged rack. Imo
Z71 rack would look tough on yours, throw in some round led pods in the end of it

I like this idea. Have you seen it done / written up?

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd this advice. You can compound your savings/investments with interest alone more now at your age than many of us can even think about doing so in our 30s and 40s.

Now we have to mod sensibly? try to save and take care of the kids...lol....in what order is that supposed to go? :) stepped down from the soapbox.

But have fun, just put some money away too.
I have a savings account and put every other paycheck in there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros