what serious upgrade would you do first?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so far as suspension what would be a good next level upgrade from stock?

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so far as suspension what would be a good next level upgrade from stock?
Well depends what direction you want to go, lifted or lowered. I don't know anything about lowering but I do know a decent amount on lifting. If you wanted a slight step above stock you could simply crank your stock torsion keys to level it out. But if you want to go higher the next step would be 1-3" keys and a coil spacer in the rear, size of spacer will depend on if you still want some rake, if you want it level or even if you want it to squat and will also depend on how high you go in the front. If you want to go higher, BDS offers a 4.5" and a bunch of companies have a 6"

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure what this means but please tell me :)

Almost all Tahoe's and Yukon's come with a 4L60E transmission.
I wan't to do major engine upgrades on mine and the stock transmission won't handle it for long. So, if I upgrade to a stronger 4L75E transmission it can handle the power when I get to it. And 'SC' is a super charger.

For suspension you could go with new Moog parts. Very expensive, but much stronger than stock. If you suspension is fine I wouldn't mess with upgrading it until it needs it.
Depending on what you have you could just get Z71 suspension parts.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well depends what direction you want to go, lifted or lowered. I don't know anything about lowering but I do know a decent amount on lifting. If you wanted a slight step above stock you could simply crank your stock torsion keys to level it out. But if you want to go higher the next step would be 1-3" keys and a coil spacer in the rear, size of spacer will depend on if you still want some rake, if you want it level or even if you want it to squat and will also depend on how high you go in the front. If you want to go higher, BDS offers a 4.5" and a bunch of companies have a 6"

ive seen different levels of lift, 3 inch lift looks great to me.

Almost all Tahoe's and Yukon's come with a 4L60E transmission.
I wan't to do major engine upgrades on mine and the stock transmission won't handle it for long. So, if I upgrade to a stronger 4L75E transmission it can handle the power when I get to it. And 'SC' is a super charger.

For suspension you could go with new Moog parts. Very expensive, but much stronger than stock. If you suspension is fine I wouldn't mess with upgrading it until it needs it.
Depending on what you have you could just get Z71 suspension parts.

i believe mine is LT. what are the z71 parts?

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending where gas is headed, I am wondering about my 2001 lifted on 33x12.50r20's, your ride looks solid.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Whatever lift you go with, make sure it has torsion bar relocation brackets. You want to keep the torsion bars tucked up in the frame. Such an eyesore if those things are hanging down... like mine. I hate that mine are exposed and now I can't find any relocation brackets to tuck them back up without buying a whole new lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove

Latest posts