2015 Yukon to Escalade mirror swap, general mirror question too...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelleytechh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So first off from what I have read DL3 mirrors are the premium Tahoe/Yukon mirror power-folding, heated etc. The DL8 are more basic. I will add info I found at the end for reference.

I have a 2015 Yukon SLT with DL3 mirrors. I would like to upgrade to Escalade mirrors simply for the bigger mirror. There is a lot of info on going basic mirror (DL8) to Escalade but haven't seen much on the DL3 upgrade. Are there switch issues or wiring issues? Is there a code for Escalade mirrors i.e. DL3/8 for different options? Thanks in advance all!

reference info:

Mirror Types:

DE2 Mirrors - These are the basic mirrors found on W/T Trucks. They do not have power anything. They are manual adjust, manual fold, etc.

DL8 Mirrors – These are the most common mirrors found on LT/SLE trucks and are the next level from DE2 Mirrors. DL8 Mirrors are Heated, Power Adjust, and Manual Fold. If your truck has 1LT/2LT options, this will most likely be the same mirror.

DL3 Mirrors – These are mirrors are the “Premium” version to the DL8 Mirrors that most folks are wanting to upgrade to. These mirrors are typically found on your higher trim LTZ/High Country and SLT/Denali trucks. These mirrors are: Heated, Power Adjust, Power Fold, Turn Signal, Puddle Lamps, and Auto Dim (Driver’s Side).

Towing Mirrors – These mirrors are the larger mirrors designed to help with towing. These mirrors can be found as options in some 2500/3500 Heavy Duty Trucks. They come in (2) main flavors.

• DPN – These are Manually Folding, Manually Extending, Heated, Turn Signal, Cargo (also referred to as Courtesy Lamps), and Clearance Lamps (also referred to as Park/Running Lamps)
  • DQS – These are essentially the same as DPN except they are Power Folding and supports Mirror Memory if your truck has this feature.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plug and play. I’ve done this on 3 vehicles. Bought all mirrors from eBay. Read the specs carefully. Some will have no puddle, no blindside or the language NOT English. Sometimes you get B lucky with cover colors too.

OP
OP
K

Kelleytechh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Plug and play. I’ve done this on 3 vehicles. Bought all mirrors from eBay. Read the specs carefully. Some will have no puddle, no blindside or the language NOT English. Sometimes you get B lucky with cover colors too.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan