What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone please school me on the jounce stops on the front. I looked at mine today and they don't look as bad as these but are pretty bad. How will changing these improve my ride? They have about 1-1.5 gap between the jounce and the frame part that they would hit.

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Someone please school me on the jounce stops on the front. I looked at mine today and they don't look as bad as these but are pretty bad. How will changing these improve my ride? They have about 1-1.5 gap between the jounce and the frame part that they would hit.

The jounce stop should just barely be in contact with the top of the lower control arm. They help act as a fulcrum, thus affecting your ride quality and help keeping the front end stable. The difference is noticeable in cornering and also less nose dive during braking. Is your truck lifted or leveled?

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The jounce stop should just barely be in contact with the top of the lower control arm. They help act as a fulcrum, thus affecting your ride quality and help keeping the front end stable. The difference is noticeable in cornering and also less nose dive during braking. Is your truck lifted or leveled?
Lowered 2/3 with front spindles and springs for the rear.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a few peoples opinion. So on Saturday I'm going to color match my bumper cap and next weekend I want to hopefully do my mirrors but do you guys think I should paint the ones I have now or get tow mirrors and paint those ones, what would look better to you guys? I'm split and kinda leaning towards painting the ones I have now, but I think that's because I would have to pay for new ones.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a few peoples opinion. So on Saturday I'm going to color match my bumper cap and next weekend I want to hopefully do my mirrors but do you guys think I should paint the ones I have now or get tow mirrors and paint those ones, what would look better to you guys? I'm split and kinda leaning towards painting the ones I have now, but I think that's because I would have to pay for new ones.

Color match everything, debadge, remove roof rack, black tow mirrors, train horns ;)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Color match everything, debadge, remove roof rack, black tow mirrors, train horns ;)

I like what Cattivo posted here. Train horns...thought about those too...lol trouble YES, fun YES...

For sure color match everything you can. I have an LS and nothing was color matched from the factory. I ended up getting everything color matched including my mirrors (the entire assembly, not just the cap). Very happy with the outcome. Tow mirrors are not my thing, but they look good on the lifted trucks. That one is a personal preference toss up. Just get the chrome ones to set off 05Single....lol

Hope that helps a bit.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a train horn but I think I'll get in too much trouble with that lol. So you like black tow mirrors over color matched tow mirrors

I still need to install my horns after I resolve a few electrical issues, I only intend on using the horns for people who sit at green lights texting or the inconsiderate people crossing the street texting :D

4 Trumpet Vehicle Air Horn / 12 Volt Compressor & Hose 150 dB Train 150 PSI Kit | eBay

IMHO... keeping the tow mirrors black will result in an more OEM look rather than wasting money on color matching them, at the end of the day it's what you prefer brother

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork