what useful items do you carry in your SUV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as some already noted a tool bag is usually in the back just because I never bother to take it out very often, small 12v air pump.
in the jack storage area there is lots of extra room so jumper cables in case I need to help some one out that gets the most use's
usually in a parking lot .....
i also have a tow strap and d-rings, zip ties, duck tape, gloves, just misc crap like a ratchet strap (never know when you might need to tie a kid to the roof)
small code reader in the center console also usually used to help some one else out
hot spot, extra usb cables & chargers, band aids, extra fuses, expandable baton (what I call an equalizer) illegal but it likely won't get me prison time (hate this state).

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glove box a zip lock bag full of fuses and bulbs. Knife. Couple screwdrivers. Plastic trim tool. Pair of prescription glasses in a case I am supposed to wear when I drive but never do. Think I have a reach magnet tool in there too.

I keep a flashlight in my man purse.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at keeping a Bryna LE nearby?
i have not I have seen some ad's for similar product's. I will check it out though.
anything with co2 though I always wonder how long the cartridge can be inserted before it leaks out rendering it useless
be nice if it had a gauge like a fire extinguisher that you could check from time to time

Marty_S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where to start lol! Chainsaw, bar oil, premixed fuel, a few tow straps, a couple of shovels, loppers and toppers, chain, canvas bag of box and open end wrenches, bin box of sockets and wrench. Sandpaper, some files, moldy old nasty egg mcmuffin, 12v compressor, ... Maybe it is simpler to say, "A whole bunch of stuff that can, and has, been necessary to get from my home across the creek and 3 miles of ranch roads to the end of pavement at our entry gate. Jumper cables...the area behind 2nd seats with 3rd seats folded is full about 18" high. At first I wasn't too keen on this 03 Yukon Denali but I do like the parts prices compared to my 98 Landy Disco that had 2 sunroofs and both leaked massively. I do miss that poor old beast but am becoming more attached to the new, "Beastie Blanc." Peace and out from SE edge of SF Bay Area.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Got FatMax hanging on the B pillar. In todays climate it matters what you can avoid using (but still have). Most of the time that involves less. “A big mouth don’t make a big man”.

That last quote took a long time to put into practice but literally a lifesaver. Usually end up helping others more than my own breakdowns anymore.

Pulled the YXL across a two lane road a few years to block traffic that wouldn’t stop for some chump that took out a guy on his soft tail. It always comes back as karma.

Stuff like a total stranger stepping up to a cop called on me by a fake parking lot incident after supposedly hitting a car. Lady reneged her statement after that and prolly getting cited for filing a fake report with her cronies.

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where to start lol! Chainsaw, bar oil, premixed fuel, a few tow straps, a couple of shovels, loppers and toppers, chain, canvas bag of box and open end wrenches, bin box of sockets and wrench. Sandpaper, some files, moldy old nasty egg mcmuffin, 12v compressor, ... Maybe it is simpler to say, "A whole bunch of stuff that can, and has, been necessary to get from my home across the creek and 3 miles of ranch roads to the end of pavement at our entry gate. Jumper cables...the area behind 2nd seats with 3rd seats folded is full about 18" high. At first I wasn't too keen on this 03 Yukon Denali but I do like the parts prices compared to my 98 Landy Disco that had 2 sunroofs and both leaked massively. I do miss that poor old beast but am becoming more attached to the new, "Beastie Blanc." Peace and out from SE edge of SF Bay Area.
This response reads like an excerpt from a John Gierach novel!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OuttaGass