Front bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abstrastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2004 Z71 Tahoe the front bump stops are sitting on the lower control arm at stock height is this normal; there is no space between the bump stop and control arm for up travel unless it just pushes on the bump stop more...

This doesn't seem right at all to me; is it normal?

Last edited:

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems abnormal to me too but mine sits the same way. So, it's normal or we have the same problem. I'm hoping for the latter.

Oshkosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2000 4x4, XL sits the same way, was going to ask the same question thinking my torsion bars where gone or something....

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 is the same before the drop and after. I thought something maybe wrong but, I checked my neighbors stock 04 and it's also the same. So I have to assume it's normal..

spearna

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bump Stop Part Number 2001 Yukon

I'm bumping this thread to add helpful info.

In my search for lowest cost replacement OEM bump stops (bumpers), I was only able to find one place that sells them:
www.GMPartsGiant.com

Front Bumpers: P/N - 15153958
Rear Bumpers: P/N - 15039397

My 2001 Yukon SLT front does contact the front bumpers, much like Abstrastic said.

Okiedave

Reaction score
I noticed this just today on my 01 Yukon XL Slt with 156k,& the passenger side one is mostly gone. I was going to look at my new to me 2004 Denali for comparison as it only has 40k and it still bone stock.

Thanks for the links for the stops, I need to pick up a pair for the 01.

klljoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ordered a set, has anyone replaced theirs yet? are they just pressed in? The center is hollow, do they unscrew? Thanks in advance for your reply.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Its normal, they all sit like that. GM designed it that way so it rides on the bump stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne