What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna put in Depo's in the front, and buy the bumper lights that are a series of LEDs, then re-place and rewire them with switchbacks, have them always on, and "switchback" with signal. The Depos are for better light.

I don't really want smoked, because I don't want to lose output. Too dark where I live.

I had a white Envoy Denali('02 with 45k miles) back in the day and painted the headlight housing black, it looked terrible!
I don't have many pics of that truck left, I go through cars/trucks like underwear lol. All I have left pics wise are 2 sideview shots, I must of deleted the rest

E1.jpg

E2.jpg

As far as running the parking lamps as drl, that's easy...simply do the drl mod and swap the wiring from both innermost bulbs to the outer parking lamps

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I had a white Envoy Denali('02 with 45k miles) back in the day and painted the headlight housing black, it looked terrible!
I don't have many pics of that truck left, I go through cars/trucks like underwear lol. All I have left pics wise are 2 sideview shots, I must of deleted the rest

Yeah, I'm afraid it will look terrible. I want the front end to look new, not "riced"

As far as running the parking lamps as drl, that's easy...simply do the drl mod and swap the wiring from both innermost bulbs to the outer parking lamps

I need to find a better write-up on it all, because I'm not too comfortable hacking up wires.
s-l500.jpg
Essentially though, I want the whole LED strips refitted with switchback lights, so when its lit up at daytime, the whole thing is white (like the OEM leds on the new trucks) and then when I signal they all flip to yellow blinkers. I know there are LEDs that do that, I just don't know how to wire it all together.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
There's a new guy on here who CM'd his tows maroon and I think it looks good on his truck. He's in the march TOTM contest, I forget his name. like I said before, I kinda prefer the K2xx style mirrors like @Cattivo has, and those look good CM'd too, but to each his own.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone please school me on the jounce stops on the front. I looked at mine today and they don't look as bad as these but are pretty bad. How will changing these improve my ride? They have about 1-1.5 gap between the jounce and the frame part that they would hit.

thats a huge gap. They should be just touching. Replace them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia