What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Terrible situation. I hope you guys are all ok

Man, glad everyone is ok, so sorry to hear it. Let us know if you need anything.
Thanks, guys!

Finally Copart picked the Suburban carcass up after I called the adjusted at the ins. co. and gave him a polite earful on the situation. Didn't even have to go and check since while I was running some other errands, a flatbed wrecker with it on the bed went the other direction. LOL!

Also, within 15 minutes of the end of the call, I had a settlement offer in my inbox. Getting more than what I paid for it a little over 2 years ago, including taxes. Haha! I'm okay with that and the title is already on its way to them, along with wiring instructions. Taking the money and running with it. Not going to argue on the valuation. Hopefully the money will hit the account by Friday so we can go to shopping this weekend. Been doing some window shopping already for the last couple of weeks, of course.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those who “flipped the pill” did you need to replace any gaskets when removing the thermostat block from the trans? I’m not seeing a seal/gasket on rock auto or any of those Gm part websites…

Hard to believe there’s nothing sealing that block to the trans? I don’t wanna remove it and not be prepared.
No need to replace any gaskets or any seal etc
Takes like 15 minutes total.

Just follow a video on youtube like this -

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
curious because I am not sure, do any of the k2's come with a key ignition?, rather than push to start? other than the pickups? my 18 silverado has a key ignition but all the suv's I have seen are push to start.

edit I guess I found my own answer online, it says some do I just haven't seen any yet

Last edited:

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curious because I am not sure, do any of the k2's come with a key ignition?, rather than push to start? other than the pickups? my 18 silverado has a key ignition but all the suv's I have seen are push to start.

edit I guess I found my own answer online, it says some do I just haven't seen any yet
if I had to guess I’d think the ppvs are probably Keyed ignition.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if I had to guess I’d think the ppvs are probably Keyed ignition.
i looked at some more online and found some with keyed ignition, non ppv
i'm window shopping just don't want push to start and online listings never "say" what it is so you have to look at the pictures and as usual 1/2 the crap is listed wrong anyway

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i looked at some more online and found some with keyed ignition, non ppv
i'm window shopping just don't want push to start and online listings never "say" what it is so you have to look at the pictures and as usual 1/2 the crap is listed wrong anyway
Why no push start? Just curious.
The Secure Idle device for the K2 says non push button only, so I’d guess the PPVs have a key ignition.
is your 2015 ppv keyed or push button

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why no push start? Just curious.

is your 2015 ppv keyed or push button
mostly just personal preference and my dumb butt isn't going to drive away leaving the fob sitting on a counter somewhere if a key is needed, maybe there is a feature that does not allow that but if it's possible then it would happen to me and I would be more than pissed off

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mostly just personal preference and my dumb butt isn't going to drive away leaving the fob sitting on a counter somewhere if a key is needed, maybe there is a feature that does not allow that but if it's possible then it would happen to me and I would be more than pissed off
I definitely can agree with that. When I’m at work my van keys are always close by. But when I’m in my Yukon I like to empty my pockets when I drive which means my fob is in the cup holder or something. leaving that possibility of being left behind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700