What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to stop my seat from going back to the #1 preset everytime I unlock my truck and get in?

My preset is 1. The wife’s is 2. However we don’t have a his and hers fob. We just share the one that hangs up in the house. If I’m not mistaken the truck recognizes the fob as mine and always brings the seat back to preset number 1 everytime she uses the truc.

The wife’s probably gonna be driving my Yukon for a couple days until I get her wheel situated and I assume it’s gonna get annoying fast.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to stop my seat from going back to the #1 preset everytime I unlock my truck and get in?

My preset is 1. The wife’s is 2. However we don’t have a his and hers fob. We just share the one that hangs up in the house. If I’m not mistaken the truck recognizes the fob as mine and always brings the seat back to preset number 1 everytime she uses the truc.

The wife’s probably gonna be driving my Yukon for a couple days until I get her wheel situated and I assume it’s gonna get annoying fast.
You answered your own question. Seat position memory is linked the fob unlocking the drivers door. The vehicle can’t tell who is holding the fob. If you only have one fob, set the seat position of your choice the next time you’re in the drivers seat, then store it in memory of the by pressing SET and the number 1. I’d even repeat and press the number 2 since you are not aware which fob number you have.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You answered your own question. Seat position memory is linked the fob unlocking the drivers door. The vehicle can’t tell who is holding the fob. If you only have one fob, set the seat position of your choice the next time you’re in the drivers seat, then store it in memory of the by pressing SET and the number 1. I’d even repeat and press the number 2 since you are not aware which fob number you have.
So I do have a 2nd fob but that is stored away as a back up. How do I program that fob to seat number 2? Because I can just tell her to use that fob this week if that’s the case.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curious because I am not sure, do any of the k2's come with a key ignition?, rather than push to start? other than the pickups? my 18 silverado has a key ignition but all the suv's I have seen are push to start.

edit I guess I found my own answer online, it says some do I just haven't seen any yet
Mine is keyed - LT without Luxury package. I believe all LS and PPV are keyed as well. If you want to spot one look for no fogs - I had to add mine...

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is keyed - LT without Luxury package. I believe all LS and PPV are keyed as well. If you want to spot one look for no fogs - I had to add mine...
Yep. That’s what I discovered while shopping years ago.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curious because I am not sure, do any of the k2's come with a key ignition?, rather than push to start? other than the pickups? my 18 silverado has a key ignition but all the suv's I have seen are push to start.

edit I guess I found my own answer online, it says some do I just haven't seen any yet
My 2016 Tahoe LT had a laser cut key which didn’t bother me much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jethro779