2013 20" Stock to a 2015-2020 22" Stock Tire/Rim Set-Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MissyRoseTahoo

MissyRoseTahoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The measurements are the same as far as height clearance. How old are those coilovers? Have they settled out yet?
Had them installed in October 2023; The AC Delcos are still stiff-rides fine up front with the Monroes...First non-AC Delco part I've ever put on the Tahoe. I'm wondering if the stiffness with the AC Delcos is because it's lifted in the front more and the rears are more compressed, as a result...

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Had them installed in October 2023; The AC Delcos are still stiff-rides fine up front with the Monroes...First non-AC Delco part I've ever put on the Tahoe. I'm wondering if the stiffness with the AC Delcos is because it's lifted in the front more and the rears are more compressed, as a result...
Probably just stiff shocks in general. I thought my Monroe’s were stiff then I swapped to bilsteins and still wasn’t happy I eventually swapped to coil overs and uniball control arms and that combo completely changed my ride and handling drastically. I still have normal shocks in the back but coil overs up front
Should be fine with the 22” wheels also without rubbing
I put 24s and 33/12.50s on with a 2” leveling kit and cleared them just fine
IMG_3770.jpeg
IMG_4797.jpegI’m running 26s and 37s now
IMG_7678.jpeg
If the pocket allows it some fox coil overs would help the ride a lot and if you still ain’t happy throw some fabtech uniball control arms to match with them.
If you don’t want the 2” lift theirs a collar on the coil overs you can uncrank to lower the ride height closer to stock

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 22"s you mention are almost identical in diameter to your stock 20'"s, so they are not going to look any bigger. Go with the 275/60-20 to get a bigger look. That's what the new Tahoe's use. I would never go with 22's here in Wisconsin as our potholes would destroy them.

OP
OP
MissyRoseTahoo

MissyRoseTahoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably just stiff shocks in general. I thought my Monroe’s were stiff then I swapped to bilsteins and still wasn’t happy I eventually swapped to coil overs and uniball control arms and that combo completely changed my ride and handling drastically. I still have normal shocks in the back but coil overs up front
Should be fine with the 22” wheels also without rubbing
I put 24s and 33/12.50s on with a 2” leveling kit and cleared them just fine
View attachment 422888
View attachment 422889I’m running 26s and 37s now
View attachment 422890
If the pocket allows it some fox coil overs would help the ride a lot and if you still ain’t happy throw some fabtech uniball control arms to match with them.
If you don’t want the 2” lift theirs a collar on the coil overs you can uncrank to lower the ride height closer to stock
Nice ride...that's what mine would look like, lifted...one question--how does anyone get in without running boards...?:):):)

OP
OP
MissyRoseTahoo

MissyRoseTahoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 22"s you mention are almost identical in diameter to your stock 20'"s, so they are not going to look any bigger. Go with the 275/60-20 to get a bigger look. That's what the new Tahoe's use. I would never go with 22's here in Wisconsin as our potholes would destroy them.
Thanks. If I stick with the 20's, that would be an option. Per the calculator, and if we go with the 22's, assuming a 285-50-22 (instead o a 285-45-22) would be a little over a half of an inch closer to the top of the wheel well vs. the stock.

I'm hunting the used 22" rims now...should take a minute to find a nice set at a good price...

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Nice ride...that's what mine would look like, lifted...one question--how does anyone get in without running boards...?:):):)
My wife and kid did fine until I put the actual lift (8-9”) on it then you got to basically jump in but it’s not too bad
My truck is lifted 12” but it’s got those amp power running boards on it so it’s easy to get in and out of her. My 6 yr old climbs up on the running board then climbs in the cab lolIMG_7477.jpeg

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
You can easily clear a set of 33/12.50s on stock wheels with no lift or minimum of 2” which is a 30$ spacer that goes under the strut.
In the pics of my Tahoe above the first pic on the snowflake wheels is 2” lift
The second on the kmc wheels is 3-3.5”
Incase you were wondering

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DONT DO IT!….Just my opinion but I recently went from factory 6 spoke 22’s that came in my 16 Denali XL to factory takeoff 20’s from a 16 Denali crew cab truck w the same size tire you have now. Literally the overall height & width are within ~1/4” but gained 1” of sidewall w the 20’s and the ride is SOOOOO much better! Wish I would have went down to 18’s! I never would have thought the 20’s would have made that much difference but they did!

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DONT DO IT!….Just my opinion but I recently went from factory 6 spoke 22’s that came in my 16 Denali XL to factory takeoff 20’s from a 16 Denali crew cab truck w the same size tire you have now. Literally the overall height & width are within ~1/4” but gained 1” of sidewall w the 20’s and the ride is SOOOOO much better! Wish I would have went down to 18’s! I never would have thought the 20’s would have made that much difference but they did!
Glad you said it, don't want to be so blunt. I would go 275/60-20........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar