What are these and where do they go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jermbola

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new to the forum. First post and looking for some help. I have done a full paint restore on the 'ol Yukon. All that could come off did. Months later I cant remember where this goes, or what it is for that matter. I have it all back together since this picture. Working through this and some codes it is throwing out. Thanks in advance.
2005 GMC Yukon 4wd SLT

PXL_20230909_182123139.jpg

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new to the forum. First post and looking for some help. I have done a full paint restore on the 'ol Yukon. All that could come off did. Months later I cant remember where this goes, or what it is for that matter. I have it all back together since this picture. Working through this and some codes it is throwing out. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 409683
Could you please give a little more details about your rig? There are people that are going to know things better than me, but there were some electrical system changes between 2002 and 2003+. So knowing more about your Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade would make it much easier to figure things out for you. Also, you could open a post about the codes you're getting if you would like suggestions about fixing them.

Finally, Welcome to the forums!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
J

Jermbola

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could you please give a little more details about your rig? There are people that are going to know things better than me, but there were some electrical system changes between 2002 and 2003+. So knowing more about your Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade would make it much easier to figure things out for you. Also, you could open a post about the codes you're getting if you would like suggestions about fixing them.

Finally, Welcome to the forums!
Great advice. I added some more info. Thanks for the welcome.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
2005 GMC Yukon 4wd SLT

View attachment 409683
like stated it is a ambient air temp sensor, usually they mount up on the radiator support bracket, it doesn't have to go exactly where it was just where it can read the air passing thru, so not behind the radiator or external trans cooler (if equipped) otherwise it will read incorrectly. to the side of the radiator or in front of it is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz