Well....I decided to completely build my next keeper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
drowssap

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well so far I have learned that the half ton bodies do not bolt directly to the 2500 frame. The 2500 frame is narrower apparently but the bodies all have the locations stamped out so I will just have to tackle that little issue. I also didn't think about this originally but 2 things were just realized....I need to use a diesel cluster but I really want the one from the Esky! Where there is a will there is a way! Another thing is stance and fender wells. The quadsteer axle is wider than standard axles. This might be a problem because Esky flares really do not stick out that far. I almost need a flush offset. I want 20" wheels for quality of ride and I have an idea that might work. It's a factory wheel but from another manufacturer. I will just have to mod center caps. I also learned that I am definitely on the hunt for a Platinum Esky. Love the door panels and cooled leather seats! The dash is beautiful as well.

OP
OP
drowssap

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you watched the Duraburd video where he discusses the 2017 or 2018 2500 frames? You might glean some more nuggets to help in that endeavor.

I will go look for it. Do you think some of the info will be helpful for the older NBS trucks I will be working with? AND....thank you again!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting build concept. Keep them details flowing. Some great info coming into this thread.

OP
OP
drowssap

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting build concept. Keep them details flowing. Some great info coming into this thread.
Thanks....out of all of the pieces needed....I need the right vehicle for the quadsteer. I think I am a month away from getting my hands on it. I did locate a 06 Esky that I have my eyes on but it is silver and I really want the dark blue like your Tahoe! I found a couple of rare Bermuda blues and almost pulled the trigger but with all of the effort that is going into this I need to get what I want. I also just picked up an 07 FX35 sport that I am playing with so at least I won't get twitchy waiting for the right stuff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts