Well....I decided to completely build my next keeper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So some of you have seen my semi build thread where I am rescuing 3 NBS's. 03 and 05 Tahoe and an 06 Yukon. Here is that thread! http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/saving-a-few-nbsssss.98740/

The whole reason that I got into NBS's was not only because of the looks and build quality but quite honestly you get a great vehicle for the money these days and I have been clearing out the vehicles with big payments in favor of these great vehicles that I can pay cash for. Out of all of them I believe I like the Z71 best. I LOVE the way all NBS's look lowered but for my use I need a little ground clearance. I don't want to constantly chase vibrations and bad CV angles so I don't want to lift either which is why the Z fits perfectly. Ground clearance yet still retaining the sporty feel. BUT.....I have always loved the 2500's too and with our second kid arriving in Feb I think it's time to move onto longer wheelbase for one of our vehicles. Or at least this is what I am saying to convince my wife! My only problem is that the end result will be something that I think has never been attempted!

Here is the plan....I am going to purchase a 03-06 Yukon or Suburban....whatever as long as it is 4WD and 2500 chassis. I am going to purchase an 03-06 Escalade ESV and swap bodies. THEN.....I am going to purchase a 2500 quadrasteer 2500 donor and swap the system in.....then........THEN.....once that vehicle is completely dialed in.....I am going to do a LBZ / Allison swap! The swap will take me about 6 months to get to though only because I want whatever allison I can get my hands on to be rebuilt well. I also will be rebuilding whatever LBZ I get.

I am so damn excited about this that I can't sleep right now! I have spent about 25 hours the last 5 days figuring all of this out! The only missing piece is that I need to speak with Eric down at Duraburb to find out if this is even possible!

This might sound dumb but I may even swap a HD silverado front clip on it and I believe I may even be able to still use the Esky cladding / fender flare!

There really are not many pics of lifted Esky's out there but here is one that I believe will be the closest thing to what I envision! Also....who likes a thread without eye candy!

finsihed esky.jpg

OP
OP
drowssap

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t wait, im subbed and eating all the mf’in popcorn in this forum.....lol:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn:

I shot a little coffee out of my nose after reading this! So far I may have located the 2500 chassis. I can find plenty of them but need it to be 4wd being that 2wd frames are pretty different. I want to just focus on grafting in the quadrasteer and not the 4wd system! The chassis that I found claims that it had frame damage. It could be due to a tweak or the truck could have been plowed into. I will be able to see it on Monday. I may have even found the Esky I want to build.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I shot a little coffee out of my nose after reading this! So far I may have located the 2500 chassis. I can find plenty of them but need it to be 4wd being that 2wd frames are pretty different. I want to just focus on grafting in the quadrasteer and not the 4wd system! The chassis that I found claims that it had frame damage. It could be due to a tweak or the truck could have been plowed into. I will be able to see it on Monday. I may have even found the Esky I want to build.
Coming along..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts