Weathertech vs Husky Weatherbeater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ekempin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These look like what I was asking about regarding the ability to protect the carpet between the footwell to under the 3rd row seating area. How far under the 3rd row do they go back?

Also, did you get the cargo area mat, and how does it work with the incline the Subs, XL's & ESV's have?

TIA
Hope these help. Thats the full size cargo mat with the 3rd row down on the non-xl yukon. 6a120f6eb1e7f59d50067833ff7ded53.jpg99e80a32be71bdcccb9c7852f20fa08f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope these help. Thats the full size cargo mat with the 3rd row down on the non-xl yukon. 6a120f6eb1e7f59d50067833ff7ded53.jpg99e80a32be71bdcccb9c7852f20fa08f.jpg

Ok, now I see that you have the full size cargo liner(presumably XL size?) up on the back of the 3rd row seats.
Looking at the ads of Amazon, I do not see what you have in the 2nd picture, that being full coverage going up from the 2nd row from the footwell to up under the 3rd row. The ad pictures seem to stop only a few inches above the footwell, which is essentially just the lip/rim around the footwell.
I hope I explained that well enough?

Ekempin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, i have the cargo liner over the 3rd row, third row laying down. Im not sure if they are the same piece for the between the XL and non, but I'd bet they would be awful close.

Now for the 3rd row floor liners, they are completely different between the XL and non, and if you go to maxliner usa website, it actually has really good pictures on it on how they look and cover differently. Im quite happy with the coverage on mine. I just had to order through amazon as i am in canada and with exchange and shipping, amazon was significantly less. All i did was get the product numbers off the maxliner site and then searched those numbers on amazon.ca. worked out really well for me

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went weathertech floor mats and 2nd row mats.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, i have the cargo liner over the 3rd row, third row laying down. Im not sure if they are the same piece for the between the XL and non, but I'd bet they would be awful close.

Now for the 3rd row floor liners, they are completely different between the XL and non, and if you go to maxliner usa website, it actually has really good pictures on it on how they look and cover differently. Im quite happy with the coverage on mine. I just had to order through amazon as i am in canada and with exchange and shipping, amazon was significantly less. All i did was get the product numbers off the maxliner site and then searched those numbers on amazon.ca. worked out really well for me

I see what you mean. The ones under the second row seats that go back toward the 3rd row are longer/different for the Tahoe, Yukon or Escalade, than the Sub, Yukon Xl or Escalade ESV. I wonder why, as the longer ones could benefit from the added protection. Makes me wonder if the dimensions are different for leg room between the 2nd & 3rd row seats in the shorter platform vs. the longer ones?

BTW - I pulled the trigger on an ESV earlier today with the tan interior (Shale/Cocoa), and now I need to make a decision on the floormats ASAP.

`

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I just put my 2007 full size Husky cargo liner from my 2007 Suburban in the back of my 2015 Escalade ESV over the top of the folded 3rd row seats. It is not a perfect fit but it is darn close. Like your experience, when When I raise the 3rd row seats, the cargo liner stays in place pretty well, with the portion on the back of the seats being ***** and not bending over. I will have to leave it like that during the day when it is hot to see if it was say ***** or flop over.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As a follow up, I attempted to put the floor liners from Weathertech for an Escalade into the Escalade ESV I bought. The fit was close, and interestingly enough the 2nd row liner goes under the 3rd row for some added protection. It would seem that the ones actually made for the ESV (and presumably the Suburban and Yukon XL) only cover for the foot well of the 3rd row. But the shorter versions mats actually give more protection going under the 3rd row.

gonatee

Reaction score
Weathertechs suck. Theyre cheep thin hard rubber and eventually cup. What happened to the thick, heavy, soft rubber that is actually heavy duty and lays down. I have Michelin's in my ol 96 and they blow the doors off the weathertechs! I have weathertechs in the duramax and they suck bad! Wish Id had the time to call wt and let em kno how horrible they are and had sent em back.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE