Wanted 86-93 Mustang Notchback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres actually a few clean rollers close to me :oops:
i thought these fetched more $$ tbh, they want $4k for either of these
clean running complete 5.0s are still about 20k tho.
theres a 4cyl clean as hell for 4200 in miami :shrug:
_nc_ohc=KeC6fbI2eqsAX_4vXKl&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=HfsjRm017NIAX8i2MxM&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
theres actually a few clean rollers close to me :oops:
i thought these fetched more $$ tbh, they want $4k for either of these
clean running complete 5.0s are still about 20k tho.
theres a 4cyl clean as hell for 4200 in miami :shrug:
View attachment 415054
View attachment 415055
I wish I had the space to do a roller as a project. I'm coming yo the conclusion if it's not local, or reasonable in price--it's not for me. I can't believe the prices guys want for junk.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Here's mine, but it's a 95 (I bought in Oct of 94) and it currently has 56k miles on it. It's the last year of the 5.0 302ci engine in the mustang.

It's not an LX notch though, and it's not a hatch, it's just a coupe, lol

View attachment 415067

View attachment 415068
But it's fast.
Looks like a rust bucket to me with shiny wheels.
Unfortunately it's a PA car. He said no rust in the shock towers or torque boxes, which is super common in the rust belt.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buy and sell cars occasionally. I generally use Interstate 64 as a guide. I'm 20 miles south of it. If the cars comes from north of it, they usually are pretty rusty. South of it, not so much. You get surface rust, but not tin worm. Down toward the Gulf coast though, they dissolve.

I can keep an eye out for the notches down around Nashville and western Kentucky if you want. One thing I noticed back in the early 80's when I ran a salvage yard, notches are stronger cars. Hatchbacks when T-***** would crush. Notches had bracing and didn't.

Send me a PM or email me at [email protected] with your specs and I'll see what I can find. Would you be interested in an older notch that's had an engine swap? There used to be one that had a big block swap. As long as he didn't floor it, it was a decent river. He had to be rolling before flooring it or it would just sit there eating tires.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I buy and sell cars occasionally. I generally use Interstate 64 as a guide. I'm 20 miles south of it. If the cars comes from north of it, they usually are pretty rusty. South of it, not so much. You get surface rust, but not tin worm. Down toward the Gulf coast though, they dissolve.

I can keep an eye out for the notches down around Nashville and western Kentucky if you want. One thing I noticed back in the early 80's when I ran a salvage yard, notches are stronger cars. Hatchbacks when T-***** would crush. Notches had bracing and didn't.

Send me a PM or email me at [email protected] with your specs and I'll see what I can find. Would you be interested in an older notch that's had an engine swap? There used to be one that had a big block swap. As long as he didn't floor it, it was a decent river. He had to be rolling before flooring it or it would just sit there eating tires.
Pm sent @grouch .

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not bashing, but whenever I see a convertible it just looks like a girl's car. I passed on a triple black gt with some engine mods and other goodies because it was a convertible. Could've got it for $3500 too.
Dang. I guess I will have to wear a skirt next time I take the TA out. I wonder if the dress will ride up on me if I power shift. lmao
Seems to me around $750 should be the average price. One shipper said I could load up to 200 lbs of stuff in the car while it's shipped. Some of them said no money up front--which doesn't mean anything.
I was just getting quotes from SGT Auto Transport and Montway Auto transport. Someone from Buffalo is buying my 78 Lincoln and I was getting quotes between 600-900. Kansas if further but a lot less up and down the mountains so $750 sounds reasonable.

Are you sure you don't like that 86 LX 'vert in the Bronx? It is pretty sweet especially for $9k. V8 + stick + vert is THE best combo! I got a spare skirt for you. lmao

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia