Wanted 86-93 Mustang Notchback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct spot---Looking for an 86-93 Mustang Notchback. Has to have the 5.0 and be an automatic. The shock towers, torque boxes and floors have to be rust free. I've been looking around and guys seem to be pretty proud of their notches. I wish I could get a roller/project, unfortunately I don't own where I live. Maybe someone you might know has one reasonably priced--not off in the stratosphere. Screenshot_20231121_213806_Samsung Internet.jpg

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
You are looking for a unicorn. Those mustang's are hard to come by, my brother has own 2 of them and were not cheap to buy, they hold their values.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You are looking for a unicorn. Those mustang's are hard to come by, my brother has own 2 of them and were not cheap to buy, they hold their values.
I'm finding that out. I've seen some really nice rollers for good prices but I can't take on that kind of project. I was really close to getting a guy to swap my Vic Sport for his notchback.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My mechanic was doing some minor work on one, last month, and not sure, if the owner wanted to keep it.... I'll give him a call. ( It wasn't REALLY clean, so maybe the $$ is reasonable??
That sounds great Pete. As long as it isn't all rusted up. Thanks.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1991 4 cyl convertible.... I believe it was a 'one owner'. Some emissions parts just replaced under the hood....( I looked at it today, it is inside his shop).... My mechanic bought it from the owner, and planned to use it as a 'parts car', but after his inspection, he realized it is in "too good condition". Paint original, interior very good, CLEAN UNDERNEATH, no rust...... There is an 'issue' with the convertible frame - bar, above the passenger window.....The wheels are a new style ( I believe)

He has another similar Mustang convertible " Summer Edition" ( rare and with the rear spoiler, collectable model )..... He is stuffing a Coyote in the other one. ( He says it will fit easily)....

Attachments

• front 3:4 view.jpg
    front 3:4 view.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Hood up.jpg
    Hood up.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Under hood.jpg
    Under hood.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 4
  • rear view.jpg
    rear view.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 4
  • rear 3:4 & side view.jpg
    rear 3:4 & side view.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 4

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple more photos

He says it runs 'fine', but he is troublshooting... There is no 'miss' in the engine, but it "boggs" when you rev it....
No big deal is you want to drop a V8 in it....

He was planning to sell it for $3,000 ( OBO ?)

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Coyote.jpg
    Coyote.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
A couple more photos

He says it runs 'fine', but he is troublshooting... There is no 'miss' in the engine, but it "boggs" when you rev it....
No big deal is you want to drop a V8 in it....

He was planning to sell it for $3,000 ( OBO ?)
Damn. I'm gonna have to pass Pete. Thanks for checking it out for me. I appreciate your effort.

Reaction score
Verts and HP don't mix well, especially with unibody platforms.

They usually came with some extra bolt on triangular braces that crossed under the front subframe and K member and some thin flimsy bolt in connectors between the front and rear subframes on later years.

Best to weld in some frame connectors at the very least. Through floor connectors or even a 6 or 8 point cage is better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts