Thinking of Buying a 00-06 NBS Tahoe/Suburban? Look Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rosson03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What u mean awd eat them selves..... Will I need New diff

Last edited:

hujorgen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking to buy list - Awesome!

Thank you for the list of of specs and common pros and cons of the Yukon/Tahoe trucks. This will help me decide on my next truck. I just became a $20 supporting member because of that list. Money well spent. :)

aztecnavajo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As a lot of people have said, the gauges can read erratically, there is a common issue with the oil pressure gauge. The oil pressure switch is the culprit for that, I think it was around 30-40 bucks at AutoZone and took me 10 minutes to install. Just had to damn near straddle the motor to get the right angle. These things run forever with proper care, put almost 40k miles on mine in the year and a half I've owned it and its going strong at 195k miles!

DJ Englewood

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Newbie here looking to buy a 2001 yukon denali 200k 1 owner he says Transmission original water pump and timing done. What should I be looking for

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newbie here looking to buy a 2001 yukon denali 200k 1 owner he says Transmission original water pump and timing done. What should I be looking for

Leaks, irregular tire wear, rust. Typical stuff.

Look @ the rear shocks. Are the airbags on them functional? Does the compressor run?

DJ Englewood

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a bu
Leaks, irregular tire wear, rust. Typical stuff.

Look @ the rear shocks. Are the airbags on them functional? Does the compressor run?
Buddy he just repaired his and compressor on his 04 is cheaper to just go with regular shocks

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bu

Buddy he just repaired his and compressor on his 04 is cheaper to just go with regular shocks
Yeah I installed standard shocks. Replacing my shocks with air shocks would have cost much more. I need to replace the rear springs still.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

VikingTrad3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just want to say thanks for this thread. as things come up i will post them here.

rgranad1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wats Up everyone,

Im back after about 10 yrs of owning my last Tahoe. I should be going in tomorrow to look at a 2005 GMC Yukon SLT with 165,***. I wanted to know you guys thoughts, experiences, and advice on my possible next purchase. All input (good/bad) is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157