The deed is done. Took out autoride, 2" lift, Bilstein 5100's and z71 coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ashm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone ever lift a yukon denali 1500 XL? I have an 07 and heard its a pain because of the autoride (which i know i can switch out) but I also heard that the front drive shaft is different from a regular truck which makes it more difficult and more expensive. Is this true? I looked up some lift kits and didn't find anything cheaper than 2800.00 Id like to lift it about 4/6 Inches. ALSO, I am due for new tires, like now, what is the biggest size mud tires i can fit? It is currently stock height with 20" XD wheels.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever lift a yukon denali 1500 XL? I have an 07 and heard its a pain because of the autoride (which i know i can switch out) but I also heard that the front drive shaft is different from a regular truck which makes it more difficult and more expensive. Is this true? I looked up some lift kits and didn't find anything cheaper than 2800.00 Id like to lift it about 4/6 Inches. ALSO, I am due for new tires, like now, what is the biggest size mud tires i can fit? It is currently stock height with 20" XD wheels.
Yes but its a totally different truck than this one. start a new thread! :)

Joshuasvt

Reaction score
Owl the parts you used, would I use the same parts on my 05 denali? Specifically the Bilstein 5100s and the Z71 spring....
Thanks

OP
OP
owl_93

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owl the parts you used, would I use the same parts on my 05 denali? Specifically the Bilstein 5100s and the Z71 spring....
Thanks
I believe so!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

yes. part finders will say otherwise since you would have to delete autoride in order to install them though.

I have bilsteins and z71 springs on my denali with autoride deleted.

To clarify I trimmed the springs to maintain factory ride height roughly, and I am running the 4600s due to that, however the 5100s, key lift and the full spring would work fine and you'd get the same result as owl.

I wanted the z71 springs for a slightly higher spring rate.

Jonrobinson84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is going on the bucket list for the XL! Just need to find that steal of a deal for the right tires!

Did anyone see a MPG change after moving to the 280s?

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally got all my suspension parts put in my Hoe and got a new set of tires and wheels. I downsized my 20x8's to 16x8's and sized up my 275/55 AT tires to 285/75 MT tires.

2.5" front lift from new keys, and 2+" rear lift from z71 coils and 1.5" coil spacers. I couldn't be happier with the look and more importantly the ride.

Before:
eBPwbDw.jpg

After:
K8nR9Vw.jpg
are your keys maxed out to level with the spacer/ z71 springs? id like to get spacers, shocks, springs, but dont want to max out my keys in order to level it out again

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks so sweet !

not sure if I ever posted mine as I sadly dont get on here much

I too went with the moog 81069 Z71 coils though I added Mcbay 1.5" spacers as well to the rear & 2.5" leveled on the front

& this spring we had to remove some cancer so it was all new panels & then monstaliner

View attachment 168128

with the help of my son we also built a rear tire carrier
are the keys maxed out?

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally got all my suspension parts put in my Hoe and got a new set of tires and wheels. I downsized my 20x8's to 16x8's and sized up my 275/55 AT tires to 285/75 MT tires.

2.5" front lift from new keys, and 2+" rear lift from z71 coils and 1.5" coil spacers. I couldn't be happier with the look and more importantly the ride.

Before:
eBPwbDw.jpg

After:
K8nR9Vw.jpg
fender heights? from ground to top of fender?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12