The deed is done. Took out autoride, 2" lift, Bilstein 5100's and z71 coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KonXL

Reaction score
So I finally got all my suspension parts put in my Hoe and got a new set of tires and wheels. I downsized my 20x8's to 16x8's and sized up my 275/55 AT tires to 285/75 MT tires.

2.5" front lift from new keys, and 2+" rear lift from z71 coils and 1.5" coil spacers. I couldn't be happier with the look and more importantly the ride.

Before:
eBPwbDw.jpg

After:
K8nR9Vw.jpg

Did you get longer sway links for both front and back?

KonXL

Reaction score
Nope lol. My front driver side link blew out shortly after and I just never replaced it

Do you know if it's recommended to change them when You do a key lift and spring spacers?

OP
OP
owl_93

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if it's recommended to change them when You do a key lift and spring spacers?

You probably should if you want to avoid body roll but honestly you'll get better offroad performance without the swaybars connected

KonXL

Reaction score
You probably should if you want to avoid body roll but honestly you'll get better offroad performance without the swaybars connected

For sure. My self-leveling shocks finally gave out and I've been wanting to go the same route with bilsteins 5100, moog coils, coil spacers and keys.

OP
OP
owl_93

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For sure. My self-leveling shocks finally gave out and I've been wanting to go the same route with bilsteins 5100, moog coils, coil spacers and keys.

Its the perfect height but you end up with a crap CV angle, very stressed steering system, and you have basically no downtravel which makes the ride sort of harsh. Also, depending on how you crank your keys, you might run out of camber and not be able to get it aligned perfectly and your ball joints will be mad.

Bilsteins and spacers and moog coils are great for the rear, but for the front, i recommend doing some research and doing a coilover conversion with some new control arms, maybe a 1" diff drop, and beef up your tie rods and maybe get some new CV's while you're at it. It'll cost 5x as much, but it will ride like a dream, and your suspension geometry will be much better over all. Your steering system might be stressed a little but thats much better than the alternative.

GL

P.S. I think theres a company called atomic suspension or atomic fabrication or something and they make like the only commercially available coil over conversion for GMT800 trucks

Lutha

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I finally got all my suspension parts put in my Hoe and got a new set of tires and wheels. I downsized my 20x8's to 16x8's and sized up my 275/55 AT tires to 285/75 MT tires.

2.5" front lift from new keys, and 2+" rear lift from z71 coils and 1.5" coil spacers. I couldn't be happier with the look and more importantly the ride.

Before:
eBPwbDw.jpg

After:
K8nR9Vw.jpg
Looks great man! Do you have any rubbing with that tire/wheel combo?

OP
OP
owl_93

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great man! Do you have any rubbing with that tire/wheel combo?

little bit of rubbing on the front when the wheels when they were turned all the way and I was backing up. Now the tires are worn down a bit and they dont rub at all. I'll be moving to 35's next with a proper coil over lilft as soon as possible though so my goal is to clear 35x12.5's with no rubbing

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you source all your parts from? I'm new to the lifted truck thing and I'm looking to get something like your lift setup on my 02 Tahoe, Was originally going to do the Rough Country leveling kit, but it seems like you got a lot more height out of your truck with a few extra mods.

Lutha

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
little bit of rubbing on the front when the wheels when they were turned all the way and I was backing up. Now the tires are worn down a bit and they dont rub at all. I'll be moving to 35's next with a proper coil over lilft as soon as possible though so my goal is to clear 35x12.5's with no rubbing
Just got her done! Where did you get the rub? Question 2: would a 16in rim with a different offset be better? What about a 17in rim running 285-70s. If I am remembering correctly, I thought that I read the rub generally occurs on the inner front. This beast will be going offroad, so I don't want any rubbing. But I also would like a near 33 in tread to fill the space. Thanks in advance for any insight.