The deed is done. Took out autoride, 2" lift, Bilstein 5100's and z71 coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joltman

Reaction score
I've fallen in love with your truck!! Thanks to your post (and the fact my '02 Hoe needs new tires and wheels anyway), wife has agreed to let me lift the truck! I was curious where you got your light bars? Did you install them? Do you have any photos of the process? What wheels are those? Any info on the shackle mounts? It also looks like you have different head lights as well. Your signature says custom halos. Did you follow a build guide on that? Thanks!

OP
OP
owl_93

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've fallen in love with your truck!! Thanks to your post (and the fact my '02 Hoe needs new tires and wheels anyway), wife has agreed to let me lift the truck! I was curious where you got your light bars? Did you install them? Do you have any photos of the process? What wheels are those? Any info on the shackle mounts? It also looks like you have different head lights as well. Your signature says custom halos. Did you follow a build guide on that? Thanks!

Good to hear about getting the go ahead on the lift from you wife. All my mods are pretty much DIY. I installed everything except the suspension mods. My light bars I installed myself and I usually do a write up and document the things I do, but with the bars I didn't really.

I can tell you this, the one behind the grill is mounted on a flat piece of aluminum that is bolted to the radiator mount. The one on the bumper I made custom mounts for that bolt to the steel bumper and accommodate the plastic bumper cover. I get most of my lighting direct from a chinese supplier. http://nbbrightshine.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-212763954/LED_LIGHT_BARS.html#products

My wheels are 16x8 Raceline Assault wheels and the tires are 285/75/r16 Toyo MTs.

The shackles I just mounted where the factor tow hooks were, I needed to drill out the holes in the frame to fit a bigger bolt for the bigger shackles.

Build guide I made on the halos can be found here. I wanted to do them custom myself and get a totally unique look while using OEM housings: http://imgur.com/a/1coXj

CB radio install: http://imgur.com/a/5YeMX

Rocker switch panel install: http://imgur.com/a/atqOx

Roof rack: http://imgur.com/a/DR6Uk

Some newer pics:

6SNyDad.jpg

Pp0N2CV.jpg

ZqP7Gms.jpg

Last edited:

AA1PR

Reaction score
that looks so sweet !

not sure if I ever posted mine as I sadly dont get on here much

I too went with the moog 81069 Z71 coils though I added Mcbay 1.5" spacers as well to the rear & 2.5" leveled on the front

& this spring we had to remove some cancer so it was all new panels & then monstaliner

DSC_1502.jpg

with the help of my son we also built a rear tire carrier

OP
OP
owl_93

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks so sweet !

not sure if I ever posted mine as I sadly dont get on here much

I too went with the moog 81069 Z71 coils though I added Mcbay 1.5" spacers as well to the rear & 2.5" leveled on the front

& this spring we had to remove some cancer so it was all new panels & then monstaliner

DSC_1502.jpg

with the help of my son we also built a rear tire carrier
Is that a custom winch mount in a stock bumper?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

AA1PR

Reaction score
Is that a custom winch mount in a stock bumper?

Sir, well not really custom & yes its the stock bumper, its a smittybilt 12K XRC Comp with synthetic line mounted on a winch tray & then bolted into a #31302 curtis front hitch receiver.
invert the carrier so you dont loose ground clearance, it bolted upside basically
though I had to notch the front bumper so it'd slide in far enough
I then used chains to remove any ever so slightly side to side 1/16" play, which this coming summer will be removed & we'll will add plates instead
2015-11-17%2010.15.04.jpg

it kills any take off angle, but I'm disabled & cant wheel hard any ways so its perfect for any classIV stuff I do here

OP
OP
owl_93

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sir, well not really, its a smittybilt 12K XRC Comp with synthetic line mounted on a winch tray & then bolted into a #31302 curtis front hitch receiver.
invert the carrier so you dont loose ground clearance, it bolted upside basically
though I had to notch the front bumper so it'd slide in far enough
I then used chains to remove any ever so slightly side to side 1/16" play, which this coming summer will be removed & we'll will add plates instead
2015-11-17%2010.15.04.jpg

it kills any take off angle, but I'm disabled & cant wheel hard any ways so its perfect for any classIV stuff I do here
Wow!! Thanks for the write up!! I've really been wanting a winch without buying an HD bumper and I think I just found my solution! How much did the plate and hitch receiver run you if you don't mind me asking?? Also, if you could post a picture of the front from the side that would be great as I'm trying to see the angle between the front of the winch plate and where your front wheels touch the ground

Last edited:

AA1PR

Reaction score
Wow!! Thanks for the write up!! I've really been wanting a winch without buying an HD bumper and I think I just found my solution! How much did the plate and hitch receiver run you if you don't mind me asking?? Also, if you could post a picture of the front from the side that would be great as I'm trying to see the angle between the front of the winch plate and where your front wheels touch the ground

I'll get a pic when I go outside in the next day or so when its warmer out

the winch mount was $75 ~ http://www.harborfreight.com/hitch-receiver-mount-for-winches-69106.html & I took off those lame loops that came with it. they wont mount anyways in this position

& the receiver was about $140 from amazon ~ http://www.amazon.com/CURT-31302-Front-Mount-Receiver/dp/B00076RLBI
just flip/invert the front hitch receiver for ground clearance as the bolts line up either way, I learned this from bushcoat over on gmc4x4.com where I used to moderate

it sticks out only maybe 8" if that in front of the bumper & is actually higher than the bottom of the bumper I think

I'll get that side shot

Last edited:

FivePointBuddah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Searching around for info on leveling lead me to this thread and it was just the push I needed...thanks owl

Autoride deleted
Procomp lift/level (2.5" front, 1" rear)
Z71 rear springs
Bilstein 5100 all around
Federal MT's 33x12.5r20

IMAG0149.jpg

Flexx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Searching around for info on leveling lead me to this thread and it was just the push I needed...thanks owl

Autoride deleted
Procomp lift/level (2.5" front, 1" rear)
Z71 rear springs
Bilstein 5100 all around
Federal MT's 33x12.5r20

View attachment 60945
Nice! Thank you. I'm bumping to 33/12.5 soon now. Why is it so hard to find pictures of that!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094