The deed is done. Took out autoride, 2" lift, Bilstein 5100's and z71 coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
owl_93

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the look of your Tahoe. Where'd you get your roof rack?

Also your front skid plate, it that a steel piece? I can't find anyone that makes them for non-lifted trucks.

Both are custom made. I went to a junkyard and found a nice thick piece of aluminum plate with diamond texture and paid by the pound for it. Had a shop cut it out for me since I didn't have the tools at the time. Sketched up a design after taking some measurements. It attaches where the original plastic cover attaches with three bolts at the top edge, and then i drilled holes in the frame at the bottom to bolt it into place. I coated it in rustoleum flat dark grey and then painted my "logo" on there by hand

There is a thread on my roof rack HERE

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

I'm sure the Bilstein springs are just as good if not better than the moog part

OP
OP
owl_93

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So springs, shocks and keys. What keys did you use and where did you buy?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Bought keys and spacers from Amazon seller 'WheelsnParts". Check there for the key and spacer kit

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via Tapatalk for Android

frankenstien

Reaction score
glad i found this post, my rear shocks on my denali are leaking air and its time for the auto ride to go, i have a few questions,

i saw you used a key and spacer kit, and guessing taho/suburban z71 coils, are the shocks for a non air ride the same as any of them specified for a 2-3 inch lift? or did you have look and find them?

what did you do to your auto ride to get rid of the message for the air ride? I have EFI live and was thinking of just doing it that way, ive seen some kits that have what look to be a resister in them

thanks in advance

OP
OP
owl_93

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad i found this post, my rear shocks on my denali are leaking air and its time for the auto ride to go, i have a few questions,

i saw you used a key and spacer kit, and guessing taho/suburban z71 coils, are the shocks for a non air ride the same as any of them specified for a 2-3 inch lift? or did you have look and find them?

what did you do to your auto ride to get rid of the message for the air ride? I have EFI live and was thinking of just doing it that way, ive seen some kits that have what look to be a resister in them

thanks in advance
I used Bilsteins for compensating for the lift as well as Z71 coils like you guessed. I still have the "service ride control" message in the message center but I don't really care. I'll find a way to get rid of it when I have some spare time. I'll post links to the Bilsteins parts if you want. I'm on mobile right now so itd be a pain but if you want I'll send you links next time I'm on my PC. The Bilsteins you buy are for a Tahoe/Yukon that's been lifted 1"-3".

No Rush

Reaction score
Auto ride message

There is a thread in here somewhere that states how to get rid of the auto ride error message. I did it when I disabled mine last year.
You pull a particular fuse from under the hood. It will run like crap for a few minutes and then be fine after that. I will try to find it later.

I ordered z71 springs, idler and pitman arms yesterday! Woohoo! New parts!

frankenstien

Reaction score
I used Bilsteins for compensating for the lift as well as Z71 coils like you guessed. I still have the "service ride control" message in the message center but I don't really care. I'll find a way to get rid of it when I have some spare time. I'll post links to the Bilsteins parts if you want. I'm on mobile right now so itd be a pain but if you want I'll send you links next time I'm on my PC. The Bilsteins you buy are for a Tahoe/Yukon that's been lifted 1"-3".

if you want to thatd be cool, but i think i can find them, also mine is an XL, but id imagine again all the parts are the same, maybe check the legnth of a z71 suburban coils, appreciate the info

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

There is a thread in here somewhere that states how to get rid of the auto ride error message. I did it when I disabled mine last year.
You pull a particular fuse from under the hood. It will run like crap for a few minutes and then be fine after that. I will try to find it later.

I ordered z71 springs, idler and pitman arms yesterday! Woohoo! New parts!

thanks, I have efi live for my d max, im pretty sure can turn it off with that

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When sitching to the Z71 coils, did you change the sway bars too?

No Rush

Reaction score
No, you do not have to swith sway bar when changing out coils.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n