Tahoe RST 6.2L 10 Speed Trans on the Official Chevy Site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed in this pic the step has a chrome strip but on the actual ones for sale that I've seen they just have a big plastic black step no chrome strip. They should've just made the power running boards standard. It makes the vehicle look way more ashetic.

Could be a difference between the Premier and LT trims. I believe the RST Appearance package can be added to either trim level which would then of course have other appearance related items in their own right.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah back in the day the SS Silverado was a much more compelling concept. As was the SS Trailblazer. I'm not nearly as impressed with this RST Tahoe. I'd rather buy a Denali.

2015Denali4WD

Reaction score
Just bustin chops. I had a tahoe but couldn't stomach the new quad headlight front on this gen so I went GMC. I thought the last gen tahoe was much better looking than the GMC but this generation I feel like its the opposite.

I agree the new Tahoe looks ugly to me in the front unless you do some after market customizing. I love the 2015 and newer Yukon Denali.

Mattsred03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm glad someone caught that besides me. And on a related note... the Tahoe IS a station wagon. It's an old station wagon on a truck frame. Look at the profiles and tell me I'm wrong.

The last body style gm suv's are by far the ugliest and most poorly designed excuses for a replacement for the original and NBS. They looked cheap, felt cheap, were cheap. At least with the new style they put some style back into them.They don't look like soccer mom grocery getters like the NNBS's. And this time, they put technology that matters in it; both in the cabin and under the hood. There us NOTHING that the NNBS can do better than this new breed of gm SUV's, except maybe drink more gas. That being said, I wouldn't trade a base LS Tahoe (even an 07-14) for any other SUV from any other brand. No body else makes quite as well rounded vehicle as the general's SUV's

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad someone caught that besides me. And on a related note... the Tahoe IS a station wagon. It's an old station wagon on a truck frame. Look at the profiles and tell me I'm wrong.

The last body style gm suv's are by far the ugliest and most poorly designed excuses for a replacement for the original and NBS. They looked cheap, felt cheap, were cheap. At least with the new style they put some style back into them.They don't look like soccer mom grocery getters like the NNBS's. And this time, they put technology that matters in it; both in the cabin and under the hood. There us NOTHING that the NNBS can do better than this new breed of gm SUV's, except maybe drink more gas. That being said, I wouldn't trade a base LS Tahoe (even an 07-14) for any other SUV from any other brand. No body else makes quite as well rounded vehicle as the general's SUV's
Truth. and besides the '18 explorer is an exact copy of the current gm suvs from the belt line up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan