Tahoe RST 6.2L 10 Speed Trans on the Official Chevy Site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at the new RST as I was wondering if it could be a replacement for my 2009 LTZ which has the L9H 6.2.. and a few performance mods..

I think I will spend the $70k on something else since mine will out run and out handle this one :D and mine is paid for and only has around 40K miles on it..

Thirdcoast

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad someone caught that besides me. And on a related note... the Tahoe IS a station wagon. It's an old station wagon on a truck frame. Look at the profiles and tell me I'm wrong.

The last body style gm suv's are by far the ugliest and most poorly designed excuses for a replacement for the original and NBS. They looked cheap, felt cheap, were cheap. At least with the new style they put some style back into them.They don't look like soccer mom grocery getters like the NNBS's. And this time, they put technology that matters in it; both in the cabin and under the hood. There us NOTHING that the NNBS can do better than this new breed of gm SUV's, except maybe drink more gas. That being said, I wouldn't trade a base LS Tahoe (even an 07-14) for any other SUV from any other brand. No body else makes quite as well rounded vehicle as the general's SUV's

these new body styles are falling into pieces just like the 07-14 when they hit 40k, the only good GM SUVs were pre 07 models. Buy one and put miles on it and come back and tell me how great it is when your truck is falling apart at every seam. I will say GM does honor their warranty and fix it, but it shouldn't have to be in for work ALL THE TIME. And what about after I'm out of warranty? I sure don't want it then.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apologies b4z. Should have issued a trigger warning.
Im a huge fan of station wagons, love the body style. So yeah, trigger warning woulda been great....and couldn't you have at least used a GM wagon as your example? Your post was wrong on so many levels.... I might not sleep.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a huge fan of station wagons, love the body style. So yeah, trigger warning woulda been great....and couldn't you have at least used a GM wagon as your example? Your post was wrong on so many levels.... I might not sleep.

Agreed. The Tahoe quad light design is as horrible as a 60's ford wagon.

Last edited:

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the 6.2 going to be available in suburban or just Tahoe? It looks sharp but those headlights I can't get over at all. The grille and everything is fine but man.... why the headlights.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately only the 5.3l in the 'burb. Chevy is treating the 6.2l as a performance enhancement not for extra towing capability(dumb) you will have to go Denali XL or Escslade ESV or worse a Expedition Max.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately only the 5.3l in the 'burb. Chevy is treating the 6.2l as a performance enhancement not for extra towing capability(dumb) you will have to go Denali XL or Escslade ESV or worse a Expedition Max.

I think it keeps the brands from cannibalizing each other a but but it does seem a buy up option for even the tahoe would make sense.

Re, the esky, why 'worse'? Seems the new Expy has nicer interior, better amenities, more HP, more torque, better MPG...? Is there an objective issue I'm missing or it it just a GMC fanboy thing?

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it keeps the brands from cannibalizing each other a but but it does seem a buy up option for even the tahoe would make sense.

Re, the esky, why 'worse'? Seems the new Expy has nicer interior, better amenities, more HP, more torque, better MPG...? Is there an objective issue I'm missing or it it just a GMC fanboy thing?
Fanboy thing. Kinda of the devil you know vs. the one you don't. Just keep buying gm and dealing with the known issues.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At my dealer today. Lt with a $62k msrp. $2640 for the rst package. Grille surround is body color. louvre in top section is gloss black and both louvers in the bottom section are gloss black. Gloss back window trim looks good. Pretty low key package overall.

IMG_8012.JPG IMG_8014.JPG IMG_8017.JPG IMG_8018.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT