Tahoe RST 6.2L 10 Speed Trans on the Official Chevy Site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels. If you want to make your rst quicker just take the 22s off and put some boring non blingy 18s on.

IMG_8013.JPG

Last edited:

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i could be in the minority here but i think the wheels are hideous. never been a fan of the black and machined look, too much of a 'i just bought rimz at autozone' feel

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i could be in the minority here but i think the wheels are hideous. never been a fan of the black and machined look, too much of a 'i just bought rimz at autozone' feel
Anytime I see the machine face and painted inners I think '80s z28 & IROCZ. I'm not knocking it back then because I had 5 of them I'm just saying 30 years later it ain't cool.

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw the pic here and the 4 pics on the previous page are a 5.3l truck not a 6.2l. order books were just opened on the 6.2l. You can still get the Borla exhaust that adds 10 hp and the 6 piston brakes and the trailer tow package with 3.45 gear ratio on the 5.3l.

Last edited:

dogwiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the wheels, but anything is better than chrome. Nice to finally have something from the factory that doesn't look like a chrome fairy vomited on it.

Anyone know the cost on the RST performance package yet?

Last edited:

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately only the 5.3l in the 'burb. Chevy is treating the 6.2l as a performance enhancement not for extra towing capability(dumb) you will have to go Denali XL or Escslade ESV or worse a Expedition Max.

Yea I think that's strange the 6.2 should be available in Suburban, I never understood why the GMC badge gets it and they don't. I'd prefer an expy if they put the 5.0 coyote or 6.2 Boss in it... I could deal with ecoboost I suppose but I don't understand why when they have great V8s they could be using like how GM utilizes theirs. Lol I'm good as long as it's American I'm fine if you buy Ford or GM and Chrysler before they got bought out, but don't ever try to sell me a Nissan or Toyota because I'll walk away. The Nissan Titan XD is a total Ford knock off truck I've been seeing around.

Last edited:

b4z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I think that's strange the 6.2 should be available in Suburban, I never understood why the GMC badge gets it and they don't. I'd prefer an expy if they put the 5.0 coyote or 6.2 Boss in it... I could deal with ecoboost I suppose but I don't understand why when they have great V8s they could be using like how GM utilizes theirs. Lol I'm good as long as it's American I'm fine if you buy Ford or GM and Chrysler before they got bought out, but don't ever try to sell me a Nissan or Toyota because I'll walk away. The Nissan Titan XD is a total Ford knock off truck I've been seeing around.
the ecoboost motor does have 470 tq available much lower in the rpm band compared to a 5.0 coyote or a 6.2l lt motor. The only advantage the naturally aspirated motors would have is out on the highway during a full throttle kick down. That's not something people do a lot in suvs.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these new body styles are falling into pieces just like the 07-14 when they hit 40k, the only good GM SUVs were pre 07 models. Buy one and put miles on it and come back and tell me how great it is when your truck is falling apart at every seam. I will say GM does honor their warranty and fix it, but it shouldn't have to be in for work ALL THE TIME. And what about after I'm out of warranty? I sure don't want it then.
The only good ones were pre 07?! No way! Those with the biggest tin can, unsafe, rattling shit boxes ever. 07-14 the best hands down.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ecoboost motor does have 470 tq available much lower in the rpm band compared to a 5.0 coyote or a 6.2l lt motor. The only advantage the naturally aspirated motors would have is out on the highway during a full throttle kick down. That's not something people do a lot in suvs.

I agree with everything except:

That's not something people do a lot in suvs.

I do that WAY more (passing etc) than pulling out stumps, laps on track days, towing or racing hellcats at redlights.

w_mcfly22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i was really excited for the RST and wanted to get one sometime next year but for 70K+, it very dissapointing in terms of styling. looks like i will just get a denali or maybe i can find a deal on a 17 escalade...