What is this tray in the engine bay supposed to hold? (2018 Tahoe Premier RST w/6.2L & 10spd)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timz71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I added a 2nd battery to mine mostly for less chance of coming out to a dead battery
and it was pretty easy to do
if you decide to do it, it is recomended that both battery's be the same type/size and age, mixing battery size-type-and different age can cause problems
Did you add a isolator?

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added a 2nd battery to mine mostly for less chance of coming out to a dead battery
and it was pretty easy to do
if you decide to do it, it is recomended that both battery's be the same type/size and age, mixing battery size-type-and different age can cause problems
Can you link me the stuff needed to add a second battery

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you link me the stuff needed to add a second battery
you just need a battery holder and bolt, it's the same one that has been used by gm since forever, the little rubber piece it's more common on the gmt800's
then run a ground from the battery to frame or to the 1st battery, then run a power wire from 2nd battery to starter power connector.
I do not have the oem part number for the battery cable, probably cheaper to have a battery shop make you one, just feed it under the engine over to the starter along a existing wire harness or even along the firewall and then down to the starter.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just keep a battery jumper kit inside your truck. The second battery is if you are TLC, police or show truck.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of a weather tight storage box right there too. Good place for my travel tool and spares kits and won't be under a big pile of the wife's stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar