SLP Dual Tip Tailpipe for 2008 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clayp

Reaction score
I would certainley disagree with that. Do you also believe that long tube headers provide no power benefit because the rest of the exhaust restricts the flow and negates any benefit?

Exaust length (friction), number and angle of bends, mufflers, cats all play a role. The air having to accelerate to pass the same volume of air through a short restriction is not the same as having the same restriction for the entire exhaust lenght. It probably is no more restrictive then the bend up over the axle. It also probably has less restriction then the resonator you took off.

we're not really disagreeing, but the point of max restriction determines the max flow rate of the entire tract. You can have a 5 vs 8 lane highway that won't flow anymore traffic if each merges down to 3 lanes at one point

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we're not really disagreeing, but the point of max restriction determines the max flow rate of the entire tract. You can have a 5 vs 8 lane highway that won't flow anymore traffic if each merges down to 3 lanes at one point

Not true but let's pretend for a moment that it is. As stated before, bends (non mandrel), mufflers, cats all create restrictions. Why do race cars have straight pipes and no mufflers? The stock exhaust is of sufficient size where these restrictions (including the SLP tip) will still provide acceptable thru put and performance. The slight decrease in diameter where the SLP tip goes on the tail pipe is NOT likely to be the point of max restriction.

You highway analogy doesn't even come close. I'm not trying to be argumentative and I'm certainly no expert but may I suggest you do a search on exhaust design or exhaust theory?

rosendo192000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All this SLP talk has made want to buy one for my tahoe , I just need to confirm that the SLP tips fit on the 4.8L Tahoe (ls) I'm guessing most of u guys or on the 5.3 . Or anyother tips that will fit on the LS .

Thanks
Sorry for bring a old thread up :)

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It fits 3" piping so go out and measure your exhaust pipe in the back by the resonator!

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an SLP resonator delete section I don't need. It doesn't have the tips, just the section that replaces the resonator so you'd have to get your own tip. I'll sell it cheap though if anyway is interested. Might make for a cool DIY project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019