New 2024 Tahoe High Country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BacDoc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New Tahoe owner here! I have been enjoying the forum - thanks for all the info on these trucks!

The long story:
The only vehicles I have ever owned were vans. Started off with a 1971 VW bus and last 3 vans were Chevy 2500 Express cargo vans with big V8s. My idea of a car was garage on wheels so I always had access to surfboards, mountain bikes, fishing equipment etc. Still doing as much of that stuff as I can but next year I’ll be 70 and figured it was about time to spend stupid money on a depreciating asset lol .

I drove em all! If I was going to spend the money I wanted to see all the options. First off let me say that all the high end trim big SUVs are friggen amazing! I wanted to buy American so I had bias and the last 3 Chevy vans bought new were trouble free for 80-85k miles. The only expensive repair I had with my last, a 2014 6.0 liter V8 was an air bag sensor that went out around 70k miles. I towed 25’ center console boat with all of them and never even had to do brake pads. I am in flat east coast Florida so pretty easy on brakes and transmission.

I heard about Toyota reliability for years so the Sequoia was the only option there as the new Land Cruiser is a small 4 cylinder . Sequoia drove nice and was almost the right size until you look at rear cargo/3rd row - major disappointment and after driving it you realize the engine sound is pre recorded sound track - for real! Guess the 6 cylinder hybrid doesn’t sound very exciting for $85k. Plus the dealer said getting a Sequoia for anything less than MSRP was not even an option! My last 5 vans were bought new and I never paid MSRP and especially at these prices!

The Jeep Grand Wagoneer is awesome and right size but top trim level is north of $100k and there’s that Jeep rep - not the best unless you’re a diehard fan of the brand.

Ford Expedition Platinum was almost my choice as the size was right, seats were really comfortable (but maybe too soft ) and a lot of the same options as Tahoe like ventilated seats, panaramic sunroof etc.
The Ford dealership was very good to deal with and they were willing to come way off MSRP.
What turned me off was the rear end, no dual exhaust and the windshield wiper rear glass was too mini van looking for the size of the truck.

Chevy Tahoe High Country. It drove as good or better than the others, felt like the biggest and best cargo space. Rear captain chairs are way better than the Sequoia driver’s chair and the leather soft touch areas are much nicer than everything else except maybe the Grand Wagoneer.
Sound system is better than anything I’ve had in any of my vans and I’ve had some nice ones.
Dual exhaust with quad tail pipes and 6.2l V8 engine sounds like motor head heaven!
Dealer was pretty good-not as motivated as the Ford but I got a good deal and less than MSRP.
Got all the options except for Super Cruise which I really wanted but the dealer couldn’t find one with everything else I wanted.
Iridescent Pearl Tricoat was worth the extra cost, Mocha interior, air suspension/magnetic ride, max tow package, adaptive cruise, powered running boards
Loving this truck! IMG_0905.jpegIMG_0902.jpegIMG_0900.jpegIMG_0794.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coldlegos

Latest posts