SLP Dual Tip Tailpipe for 2008 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after reading all the threads I could find about a resonator delete/adding a tip, I found my best two options were the SLP Dual Tip and the Volant Super Tips and here are the cheapest places I could find online.

The SLP is only 116.96 with free shipping here:
http://www.lmperformance.com/53163/27.html

The Volant one is almost 3 times the price at 323.45:
http://www.carid.com/2008-gmc-yukon-exhaust-systems/volant-exhaust-85243.html

TWO HUNDRED dollar price difference?? Can anyone justify getting the volant one over the SLP one? The only difference I see is on the Volant one, the dual tip is welded onto the main pipe whereas the SLP one is bolt-on. NOT worth $200 extra by any means. Thoughts? I'm about to pull the trigger on the SLP Dual Tip but I need some motivation. I'm just looking to get rid of the ridiculously ugly resonator on the nnbs vehicles and something a little cleaner/better looking then stock.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:popcorn: nice find!!! I've been looking into this exact same thing! Subbed to get more info :)

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! Just get the SLP one....then since it's bolt on you can install it yourself, too.

The price of the Volant is ridiculous....I almost bought my entire catback system for the price they want just for the resonator delete! Ridiculous.....

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how it's going to change the sound. :hmm: I'm not even sure what the resonator is for other than maybe sound reduction. :shrug:

...and I couldn't find the info on the website but how long does that "sale" go on for the SLP. I notice it's about $13 less than normal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the same one I've been looking at Felix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which one were you looking at?

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

I wonder how it's going to change the sound. :hmm: I'm not even sure what the resonator is for other than maybe sound reduction.

...and I couldn't find the info on the website but how long does that "sale" go on for the SLP. I notice it's about $13 less than normal.

There's a video of it on one of the threads and it sounds good. I forgot what tahoe/who put the video up, but they also had a CAI (Which I also plan on getting at the same time as this tip) so i'm sure that made it sound -just right- :Handshake:

I work in a corporate office so i'm not trying to rumble my way into the work parking lot either. Just a nice low start up sound and a cleaner look. And I don't know, when I bookmarked it a while back it was also $13 more and it's the cheapest now as i've ever seen it... might have to pull the trigger real soon.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Holy crap! Just get the SLP one....then since it's bolt on you can install it yourself, too.

The price of the Volant is ridiculous....I almost bought my entire catback system for the price they want just for the resonator delete! Ridiculous.....

I know! The price is absurd... i'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks that. Guy that works an office down from me has an nnbs avalanche with a whole gibson cat exhaust and paid less then that volant super tip.

So regardless of the bolt on, I think i'm gonna go with the SLP one and get it welded on at th the same local place I got my last tahoe's flowmaster muffler welded on at for like $40. well spent i'd say...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:hmm: How can I get the purchase past the wifey without many questions since we haven't budgeted this in :hmm:

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the SLP kit and love it. It is an easy install and looks really good when done. It does give you a little rumble on start up and when you get on it but when cruizing down the road it is quiet like stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia