SLP Dual Tip Tailpipe for 2008 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my rear AC leaks down on my tip, that may be a big contributing factor in tip life.

FWIW, a SLP tip is ~200 shipped,

i paid $322 shipped a NIB JBA 40-3043 3 inch SS exhaust, with a 3.5 stainless tip, but one of the stupid mods deleted the thread and link to the website, because he thought i was trying to sell my exhaust. :(

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
I got my SLP installed on Wednesday evening. I must say, I'm VERY pleased with it thus far. I made a video comparing exhaust notes between the stock exhaust and the SLP Tip & Resonator delete. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8oYeWWpIN4 just for reference, since most of us have it already, but still. :)

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great. Mine is still sitting in the box since I discovered that the PO had a GM Performance Muffler Installed. It actually sounds similar, but the GM Performance muffler isn't as burbly, and my tip is UGLY.

Garret813

Reaction score
Anyone ever put one of these on a Denali? Right now I've got a Magnaflow muffler, I think 5x9, definetly not the 5x11, with some off the shelf tips. I'm not thrilled with the tips or sound (drone) anymore and want to change. Wondering if adding this tip set up will help improve the flow and sound?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt changing tips will improve flow unless the ones on there now are restrictive (diameter, bend, etc.).

In cabin drone is due to the muffler (Magnaflow) without the resonator. Just based on sound harmonics, I cannot see how changing only the tips (not designed to control sound or greatly changing the length/diameter/bends) will help with the drone. It can change the sound as heard from the outside.

ajb1205

Reaction score
Finally had a chance to install the SLP tailpipe on my 08 Tahoe. I can say that this is one of those do-it-yourself mods that is worth every penny. Easy to install, sounds great and looks even better. 2 thumbs up in my book.

ChevyGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to add this along with a magnaflow muffler. Off with that garbage can resonator!

jdskycaster

Reaction score
Had a local muffler shop delete the resonator and install the SLP pipe, tip and Magnaflow (12589) muffler today on my 11' Yukon XL. Have to say this was exactly what I was looking for. Just enough added growl and the truck still sounds stock at cruising speeds from 50-80mph. Get on it though and there is a nice added rumble.

Installer at the shop was not really impressed as he thought it would be louder but it is exactly what I was looking for. This is an luxury SUV not a mud lovin' pickup truck with straight pipes.

I would encourage anyone looking for a mild sound upgrade to pull the trigger on this exhaust mod. Total cost installed for me was $295 and it will be fairly easy to go back to stock if I ever need to.

Regards,

JD

Last edited:

jdskycaster

Reaction score
I would also add that I should gain at least a few mpg's just from the weight reduction alone:) That OEM muffler must have a couple of dead bodies in it. I could not believe how much that thing weighs.

JD

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900