Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a sneak peek at the finished kitchen. The projects got more difficult as I went but luckily my skill level increased as well.

Attachments

• IMG_7092.jpeg
    IMG_7092.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7096.jpeg
    IMG_7096.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7102.jpeg
    IMG_7102.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7107.jpeg
    IMG_7107.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7109.jpeg
    IMG_7109.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 5

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some pics of what I’ve been up to over the winter. Both bathrooms, kitchen and dining room pretty much stripped to the studs/ floor joists and redone. The kitchen had 5 layers of old flooring. The new floor is 1” lower and the 1/2-3/4” waves are now flat. The kitchen/ dining room took me 12 weeks alone. I’ll try to upload a few pics here and there. I’m onto outdoor projects now so I still won’t have much time to be on here talking trucks. I’ll be doing a complete backyard makeover.
Mark, looks great. Did you do the tile work yourself?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya, i go to the dump probably every 6 months I was just there about a month ago, I do not take a trailer but I checked the pricing with a trailer
if the trailer load is at or below cab height it's $36, if it is above cab height $55
a regular pickup load that I normally take is $24
I have 10 palm tree's and they have to be cut about every 6 months or less and that is easily a full truck load
if it is commercial, like dump truck, etc the rate is $75 a ton
if the scales are down (commercial) it's $26 a cubic yard
where they get you here is tire's a large commercial tire is $468 like a loader tire
Awesome Wes, cool man. You’re talking yard debris, I’m talking fu*king garbage. That’s a completely different rate of course, I mean duh. One is turned into compost and resold, one is hauked to a landfill. Plus mine was construction debris so I should have asked when the last time you hauled actual garbage to the dump. Anyway, this is part of why I don’t spend much time here anymore- it’s exhausting just arguing a point that should have never been made a point. I don’t mean to sound disrespectful or upset, it’s just gotten old to me. Maybe it’s just ME getting old. Carry on. I’ll be busy for awhile, I’m in the planning stages of a patio, pathway, pergola, pond and associated plants, structures, lighting, plumbing, landscaping etc. I’ll try to come back and upload some of the kitchen pics, it was a real battle. ;)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome Wes, cool man. You’re talking yard debris, I’m talking fu*king garbage. That’s a completely different rate of course, I mean duh. One is turned into compost and resold, one is hauked to a landfill. Plus mine was construction debris so I should have asked when the last time you hauled actual garbage to the dump. Anyway, this is part of why I don’t spend much time here anymore- it’s exhausting just arguing a point that should have never been made a point. I don’t mean to sound disrespectful or upset, it’s just gotten old to me. Maybe it’s just ME getting old. Carry on. I’ll be busy for awhile, I’m in the planning stages of a patio, pathway, pergola, pond and associated plants, structures, lighting, plumbing, landscaping etc. I’ll try to come back and upload some of the kitchen pics, it was a real battle. ;)
they take it all the only thing they charge extra for is appliances, large tires, or anything extra large like metal frames, large pieces of concrete/pavement, etc, not trying to argue with you at all, just shocked at the price
they have different area's for like if it is a load of matress (you are allowed 10 per trip), rocks, dirt, whatever. Basic construction waste from a home renovation etc is accepted, they do hit the commercial trucks with tonnage. basically they don't care what you throw in there as long as it is not ewaste, chemicals, battery's
with no extra charge you are allowed to dump 2 appliances, 4 regular tires, 4 tv's, 9 pieces of ewaste. per trip.
they have inmates from the jail work there and they could care less what you are dumping for the most part, if you toss a microwave or something they just pick it up and put it on a pallet of other stuff they keep seperated.
they take junk campers, rv's, trailers up to 25 feet long @ $118 per ton
good to hear you are keeping yourself occupied, enjoy!!

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they take it all the only thing they charge extra for is appliances, large tires, or anything extra large like metal frames, large pieces of concrete/pavement, etc, not trying to argue with you at all, just shocked at the price
they have different area's for like if it is a load of matress (you are allowed 10 per trip), rocks, dirt, whatever. Basic construction waste from a home renovation etc is accepted, they do hit the commercial trucks with tonnage. basically they don't care what you throw in there as long as it is not ewaste, chemicals, battery's
with no extra charge you are allowed to dump 2 appliances, 4 regular tires, 4 tv's, 9 pieces of ewaste. per trip.
they have inmates from the jail work there and they could care less what you are dumping for the most part, if you toss a microwave or something they just pick it up and put it on a pallet of other stuff they keep seperated.
they take junk campers, rv's, trailers up to 25 feet long @ $118 per ton
good to hear you are keeping yourself occupied, enjoy!!
Guess I should have said who the fu*k cares what the garbage rate is in Stockton and it could have saved us both the trouble. Instead of saying anything about the work I put in thst morning to move 3 tons by hand you want to compare garbage rates. I see you still have a lot of spare time to be on this forum so I guess you must be bored. Like I said…who cares Wes.:p

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess I should have said who the fu*k cares what the garbage rate is in Stockton and it could have saved us both the trouble. Instead of saying anything about the work I put in thst morning to move 3 tons by hand you want to compare garbage rates. I see you still have a lot of spare time to be on this forum so I guess you must be bored. Like I said…who cares Wes.:p
lol, hows the doggie? gonna be hot this summer, NVM I missed the above post

Last edited:

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please continue to post some pictures. Awesome, awesome job Mark. Post some pictures of the backyard too. You have always provided me positive guidance and suggestions. Love the pick of your dog. Beautiful companion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yusefs257