Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Idk Mark, in my honest opinion, your first instinct is usually the correct one. I think you should go with a new one and get it over with. You could throw parts at it but “if” it was to break down few months down the line, you’ll be kicking your own ass! My 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2,

@Rocket Man
I rebuilt my front diff and I can say that the diff tube should not have broken at all. My guess is something bind up inside and made it break. Something to think about.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2,

@Rocket Man
I rebuilt my front diff and I can say that the diff tube should not have broken at all. My guess is something bind up inside and made it break. Something to think about.
I actually had enough time to consider and my gut tells me it’s better to bite the bullet and replace everything so I reordered the A1 Cardone diff assembly to go with both CV axles. That’s about $1200 altogether but I look at it as part of the price I pay to maintain The Beast. I even emailed Rock Auto and told them that it’s not a mistake since I already ordered and cancelled once. I did drive it a few blocks with the broken tube and oil draining out, it might even have been driven dry for a minute since I’m sure it all leaked out fast judging from that break. Might have messed it up even if it wasn’t already messed up.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
myself I would just grab a used one from another Denali or Escalade, there is probably one not far away in a yard, just check the magnet if it looks good you shouldn't have to worry.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
myself I would just grab a used one from another Denali or Escalade, there is probably one not far away in a yard, just check the magnet if it looks good you shouldn't have to worry.
Yeah I’m not cancelling the order again, then taking a chance on another used one with probably 200,000 miles on zero fluid changes. Not worth it imo. It’s already decided, after I decided once then decided not to then decided to again lol. Not going to decide not to again. Man I sound nuts. But it has been a long couple days. The fires are getting too close to me if you guys haven’t heard. There’s a level 1 evacuation not 20 miles from me from a fire that started 3 days ago and has blown up. My sister lives in Oregon City, about 30 miles away and she is in a level 2 evacuation which means be lacked and ready. I have a niece who lives 10 miles from her who is level 3, mandatory evacuation, and a nephew who is another 10 miles out from her who had to evacuate yesterday and is pretty sure he’s going to lose his place. There’s people on my street who are freaking out and leaving, out in their front yards packing their shit and others hosing down their houses even though we aren’t in danger so far and the winds have died down to nothing. We aren’t even level 1 thank God. But the smoke came in today and now it’s scary looking outside. I’m just going to get the reman diff and new CV axles and hopefully my place will still be here by the time I get them installed.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not cancelling the order again, then taking a chance on another used one with probably 200,000 miles on zero fluid changes. Not worth it imo. It’s already decided, after I decided once then decided not to then decided to again lol. Not going to decide not to again. Man I sound nuts. But it has been a long couple days. The fires are getting too close to me if you guys haven’t heard. There’s a level 1 evacuation not 20 miles from me from a fire that started 3 days ago and has blown up. My sister lives in Oregon City, about 30 miles away and she is in a level 2 evacuation which means be lacked and ready. I have a niece who lives 10 miles from her who is level 3, mandatory evacuation, and a nephew who is another 10 miles out from her who had to evacuate yesterday and is pretty sure he’s going to lose his place. There’s people on my street who are freaking out and leaving, out in their front yards packing their shit and others hosing down their houses even though we aren’t in danger so far and the winds have died down to nothing. We aren’t even level 1 thank God. But the smoke came in today and now it’s scary looking outside. I’m just going to get the reman diff and new CV axles and hopefully my place will still be here by the time I get them installed.
it's just money right? :p, how much forest is around you? around here we are surrounded by farmland and people in the local community sit there and moan about "what if we have to evacuate" ****..... there is literally nothing to burn but farm dirt

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live at the star on the map, the west side is all wetland, diverting channel's and farmland, on the east all the squares are farmland, tomatoes, onions, corn, grapes. no forest anywhere
STAR.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo