Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's some shots from underneath and from the front. It lines up in the middle portion like before, it just doesn't line up where the Denali bumper curves out towards the outer ends. I like the way it is now, I think it looks like it fits better.

IMG_6149.JPG

IMG_6152.JPG

IMG_6153.JPG

IMG_6154.JPG

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice work. My lip is a little short too. I'll tighten it up when I put on the new valance I got after paint. Then toss the old one cause the previous owner had a 3" hole drilled through the valance for a trailer plug and brakes when towing behind his land yacht.

I'm the same way, even if something is off a 1/4" it'll bother me to no end

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Here's some shots from underneath and from the front. It lines up in the middle portion like before, it just doesn't line up where the Denali bumper curves out towards the outer ends. I like the way it is now, I think it looks like it fits better.

View attachment 78258

View attachment 78259

View attachment 78260

View attachment 78261

I'm not clear on how you did this... Did you blend the ends on. If so, how'd you do it. I see the seam in the back, but not the front?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good back to summer wheels. Nice work on that lip.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not clear on how you did this... Did you blend the ends on. If so, how'd you do it. I see the seam in the back, but not the front?
I didn't cut and splice 2 air dams together, I made a single one work by mounting it differently. With the first one, I let it follow the part where the bumper curves out a little more which made it short on the ends, which is how I've seen others do it. Basically, if you put it up there and push it all the way back onto the lip that's on the bottom of the bumper, it will end up 1/2"- 3/4" short on the ends. It also makes the curves at the ends not fit and you'll fight that too. I decided to let it bridge a gap in the curve of the bumper by pulling it to the ends and clamping it in place while I installed some hardware. You'll be surprised to know how much of a gap there is underneath, but the only way to see it is when it's up on a lift. Here's some shots progressively going to a lower viewing angle. Still can't see the gap, right?

IMG_6162.JPG

IMG_6163.JPG

IMG_6164.JPG

IMG_6165.JPG

IMG_6166.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the gap. Surprised, right? That's why I didn't think it would work. I mean. This air dam isn't supposed to fit the NBS anyway. I think it looks right like I did it.

IMG_6151.JPG

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
That's what I thought. Just pulled it back a little. Lining up the edge but making it slightly off on the curves, which nobody would ever notice unless you're at a low enough eye level like with a mouse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purolator