Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DollyDenali

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, if the Tahoe sub box with an 8" sub sounded worse than your bose sub, you did something wrong. Either a mismatched sub with the wrong impedance (you need 2 ohm on the stock amp) or a cheap sub. Also, the stock LUX amp isn't strong enough to power any sub very good, you need to run a good sub off a good matched mono amp. If you put that in a Tahoe stock box in the rear compartment it will rock. But hey this is my build thread so....next!

You were right I had a small ground on my 200w amp, I'm not using the stock amp on the 8" but the amp I am using is a old school 200w clarion that's really more like 500w I upgraded the ground and now it sounds:devilfinger:. K/up tha good build

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I made the hard decision to go with a blower. I narrowed all my choices as to which one, what injectors to use, what else to do while I have the intake off, and how to obtain the tune. After a dozen emails with Justin at Black Bear, talking to members who have blowers and 4l60/65E transmissions and starting a thread regarding blowers, I decided to go with the Whipple 2.3L in black using Delphi 50 lb/ hour injectors which are bigger than the marine 8.1L injectors that come with the Whipple kit which are 42 lb/ hour and more expensive. I had to order wiring adaptors for them but those were only $20 so the injector total was less than $150. Whipple wanted $390 for the others. I'll have room for more boost later if I want it. I also ordered knock sensors and harness, valley cover gasket and oil pressure sending unit so I can replace those while I have the manifold off. My trans is a 4L65E which is the HD version of the 4L60E. It's been rebuilt and has a shift kit and a Corvette servo. I believe it will hold up but time will tell. I emailed Justin and told him I'm ready to order so hopefully he'll call me tomorrow and we can get this going.

DollyDenali

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the new carpet. I also ordered a bit extra carpet and did the bottoms of the front door panels. The carpet was not too bad, cutting it was a ***** due to the mass backing I ordered it with. I opted to just cut slits where the bolts came through so the areas around the seats looked cleaner, instead of making cutouts like the factory stuff had. I was able to get the nuts started and then tighten things down. It came out real clean. I ended up buying a matching rug that fits the rear cargo area perfect. I needed the cutouts because I use my 3rd row seats occasionally. At this time, I also removed the speaker grills from the door panels and painted them with matching SEM 17163 paint.

View attachment 65476

View attachment 65477

View attachment 65478

View attachment 65479

View attachment 65480

Where did you order the carpet from, and how much of did it take?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just ordered the Whipple supercharger from BlackBear Performance. I was also informed by Justin that I need to do an EGR delete so I ordered block-off plates off EBay. I didn't even know I had EGR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbokon