Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man this is looking nice. You were 80% there to doing the cam lol. Your vavletrain will be a lot more stable in the higher rpms now.

I don't blame u for not pulling the heads after all it took to get the supercharger in place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Tony aka NorcalSS can get those long tubes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good idea, I sent him a PM.
Man this is looking nice. You were 80% there to doing the cam lol. Your vavletrain will be a lot more stable in the higher rpms now.

I don't blame u for not pulling the heads after all it took to get the supercharger in place.

The cam can be done by just pulling the rockers so not much double labor. Then you just spin the cam by hand to get the lifters up and insert some dowels in from the front through the oil gallery holes so they can't fall down. My biggest issue with the cam is the new timing chain and oil pump, both of which can be a ***** from what I've read. At least it makes me more nervous than I'm comfortable with.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea, I sent him a PM.

The cam can be done by just pulling the rockers so not much double labor. Then you just spin the cam by hand to get the lifters up and insert some dowels in from the front through the oil gallery holes so they can't fall down. My biggest issue with the cam is the new timing chain and oil pump, both of which can be a ***** from what I've read. At least it makes me more nervous than I'm comfortable with.
They're not too bad. I did mine myself. Just have to pay attention and be patient. Either way you making progress fast and some things just aren't worth the headache. U plan to run the stock stall with that cam?

The ARH are nice. I have dynatech headers which have good fitment but I really like how ARH look and connect to the y pipe. I had mine ceramic coated and still look shiney. Seems to help with engine bay temps as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're not too bad. I did mine myself. Just have to pay attention and be patient. Either way you making progress fast and some things just aren't worth the headache. U plan to run the stock stall with that cam?

The ARH are nice. I have dynatech headers which have good fitment but I really like how ARH look and connect to the y pipe. I had mine ceramic coated and still look shiney. Seems to help with engine bay temps as well.

Yeah stock stall for now. Vinci said it will work fine with that cam although if I decide to change it later it would help. I'll check on ceramic coating; I have it on 2 of my Harley V-Rod pipes. How much did it cost to have your headers coated?

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah stock stall for now. Vinci said it will work fine with that cam although if I decide to change it later it would help. I'll check on ceramic coating; I have it on 2 of my Harley V-Rod pipes. How much did it cost to have your headers coated?
That supercharger will probably help the stock stall. I think I paid about $200 for the coating inside and out. It was one of those hole in the wall shops that does great work. They took off a previous coating and made em pretty again.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I was on a long drive, headed to the ocean beach. I decided to stop about halfway there at an excellent beach on the Columbia River instead and on the way home, in temps over 100, my truck overheated. I stopped and checked for leaks or low coolant and saw nothing wrong but I noticed neither Efans were working, and of course I had the A/C on so at the very least, the passenger side should have been running. In fact both sides should have been on. I got it towed home and my first thought was the fan relays on my conversion harness. I had to replace the one for the passenger side already. I found there were 2 bad ones this time. On www.ls1fans.com 's website, they recommend replacing relays every year so it looks like I'll add that to my maintenance list. And I'll be carrying spares from now on. Stupid damn relays can stop a truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz