Redneck Escalade Build/Daily

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice. Need some green leds on the sides on the ground too
Yea those lights with plastidip are no good. Some vinyl tint would be better.
Maybe blackout the grille

OP
OP
Elijah

Elijah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
lol i still have like 15 led strips because I got 40 1 foot strips for $20 shipped and I've only used 12 altogether on the outside and 2 on the interior. I'll have to post a pic of that. I've just been giving them away to my friends and stuff because I can't use them all

sDwE9YOszz72B6Dx-SBfzKBYRAKg78q5COXg9jnX_JAm0VrafdCEH70VRUkXuSHxDGLQd-olTDe0r7ABsH3txk6Jlh-scTKfYWubFUGexr8pFvdLotoAqX_2PimFdyVUppd4IH0j

You can see the Service Stability System (SSS) light is on. If anybody has any knowledge on that I'd love to make that go away. I know you can get the Electronic Bypass Module (ebm) but it comes with two rear shocks and new coil springs because the back is air ride and I don't want to do the whole conversion unless I was going to do a suspension lift, which I am not financially stable right now lol. You can also see my train horn button on the right side under the steering wheel. I have a separate toggle switch for the actual compressor wired up to my windshield wiper fuse so I can leave the switch on all the time.
QZI8O8enD59qh2FsVZU3uZe0WV3XWCrOqz7PxgFPPMZRwhSrj3ql3BVgBp4cc3N1zYEVR762c0OevyFvEvbM47oz2uNlAwdJ7krf6L-4A1fXI1J_z5CYTPpZuzBkv8tSvhycI6JN

Anybody got some good ideas where I should put these lights? I got them for free lol
BGA__dXp8dZ7Uc6qolFFXYqFbi0lAtajp8vyJeYxII-I3jorW16RHDkLODl-Q0nZI6H_GWP3vB-W0g-n5ZPMtP73YzMpZ3vSWxBS5jyxhhZAeOvNA_g3YUa0nKT034zNDrZLXf0U

OP
OP
Elijah

Elijah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice. Need some green leds on the sides on the ground too
Yea those lights with plastidip are no good. Some vinyl tint would be better.
Maybe blackout the grille

I was thinking about blacking out the grill and murdering everything out but I just am not 100% positive I want to do that. Definitely headlights will be black soon though

BIGGERSHAFT94

Reaction score

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed tinted lights are a pain in the behind. I went with clear lenses that have a black plastic housing on the back. It gives the look of the smoked lens without affecting output. But gives a Nice contrast of color.

OP
OP
Elijah

Elijah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fixing to adjust my camber with upper control arm adjustments. So if anybody has tips lol and on my passenger side, my upper control arm is fixing to fall off so I've got to tighten that asap. Makes my whole esky wobble sometimes lol. Hasen't ate into the tires yet but I first thought it was outer tie rod ends but when I actually looked, I could clearly see the upper control arm nut was only one thread. The driver side was tight, not loose like the passenger side and I counted something like 6 threads on driver side vs 1 thread on passenger side. Then December break, I am going to work on replacing my 1991 Buick Regal transmission so I can have two cars and then I can put the body lift on the esky with 2 cars so I can run to the store and get to work without having to be rushed. Because I have more to worry about than just the instructions. The 3" body lift I picked up for free is actually for a tahoe but I figured it'd work. Just gonn have to figure out whats different in the mounts and radiator and shroud and my train horn up under there i going to take extra precaution and my wheel well lights. And my biggest concern is with the bumpers. Has anyone ever put a body lift on an escalade?????

OP
OP
Elijah

Elijah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So turns out I just need a ball joint on passenger side, but I'm prolly gonna replace both because they are different. Going to have to do that very soon. But, today I just did a Norcal Mod, and for those of you who don't know what that is, you basically can fit wider tires without a lift, just a leveling kit. So you go in there and cut out plastic and metal and I actually removed my windshield wiper fluid tank because the tires had rubbed a whole in it so it was leaking anyways. Then hammer everything back and paint the bare metal areas to prevent rust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz