Rancho Steering Stabilizer on Lowered Truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I came across one from another forum member that he has FS.

I orignally thought they were for LIFTED Trucks...but they are for any application.

This is what he said...

As far as the stabalizer it is also brand new. Our trucks don't have a rack and pinion so think of it as a stweering assist when added to your truck, and no it is not only for lifted trucks.

End his comment...

It was kinda vague so I looked it up myself.

On Rancho's site...says for oversized tires (35s and Up) which cause vibration and wear and tear on suspension components.

I have 22's on a 35 tire (kinda small) when it wears I KNOW I CAN FIT bigger like OEM 45's.

Waste of time and money?

How the hell does this things even bolt on?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 2wd truck you'll need the universal setup, there is a ubolt thing that attaches it to ... probably the center link ... not 100% sure, never seen this on a 2WD. I wouldn't think of it as a steering assist setup, just a dampener.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I figured since you were in here you were 2wd. Then go get the one for the 4wd and bolt it on.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OO I dunno...saw street I'm not redneck hillbilly lifted wanna be ; )

I meant I have no clue what you are talking about...steering assist. I don't have problems turning.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your original post the guy said think of it as a steering assist. I say no. :p

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think it will improve the longevity of my pitman, idler arm, and steering box?

718frankb

LOCAL 282 TEAMSTERS
Reaction score
it will help you out when you enter the highway, meaning it wont feel so sloppy when going over the crown in the lanes . i used a universal damper from pro comp .it tightened up my steering too

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i have one on my truck, and yes theres a Ubolt that goes to the centerlink. steering is tight, but it could probably be replaced. ill do it when i upgrade the bushing upfront

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxandpj