PLEASE HELP!!! I can NOT figure out what this noise is...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is actually a legitimate possibility and I'm kind of pissed now that I never actually thought of that myself...

Because the rubber seal along the edge of the windshield on the passenger side was lifted so the wiring kit for the light bar could be hidden...

Heres a pic of what I mean:
(You can see where the wire goes under the seal at the very top, and where it comes back out at the very bottom.)
View attachment 198322
That's not an actual seal, it's a removable trim piece. The windshield seals to the body under the edge of the glass. If you open the door and pull up on the rubber piece that goes around the door it comes off of that piece and you'll see the torx screws that hold that piece to the truck. Remove it and route the wires underneath it. Unfortunately it might be deformed by now and you might need a new trim piece. Anyway you can try driving without it in place, maybe tape the wires down temporarily.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i replaced those on mine already and that wouldn't vary with RPM when pressing the pedal

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Are you sure it’s not electrical feedback? Sounds like it is. Maybe if you drive it, have someone go around and listen to each speaker when it’s happening. You could have a bad ground or even a bad amp. Sometimes it doesn’t matter if the radio is on or not. If you got a bad ground or a short on a speaker wire it gonna play the feed back through the speaker or speakers

OP
OP
xFuZzYx

xFuZzYx

IASCA Car Audio World Champion
Reaction score
Are you sure it’s not electrical feedback? Sounds like it is. Maybe if you drive it, have someone go around and listen to each speaker when it’s happening. You could have a bad ground or even a bad amp. Sometimes it doesn’t matter if the radio is on or not. If you got a bad ground or a short on a speaker wire it gonna play the feed back through the speaker or speakers

Right now I do get a tiny bit of speaker feedback, and that goes up and down based on the volume, cuts off when I cut the radio off, and does completely cut off because my doors are ran on a 4 channel amp and not straight off of the head unit. But this noise is totally different.

But on a good note, I watched some YouTube videos and I think I have found out what the noise is. I think it is actually the "whistle" caused by my lightbar, but because of how close my lightbar is to my roof, it's way louder than the normal lightbar whistle. But I saw some different videos and the noise matched perfectly.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Well now. That’s something I’m familiar with. Customers complain of wind noise all the time due to aftermarket cross bars and attachments. Put a deflector to change the air flow as see if that’s helps or take the bar off and see if the. Lose stops

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep I mentioned that before I put a deflector on mine and it made it sound like it was pouring down rain, if you had your eyes closed you would swear it was raining it would start as soon as I hit about 50mph, but that was speed related not rpm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar