SOLVED: What is this noise? Torque converter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Dave09 Get the 41-162 they are the new part number for 41-110, I've heard most of the 41-110 you find on the market are not legit.

+1. And buy them either from your local chain auto parts store, or from Rock Auto. That way you can be sure of their lineage. Lots of scammers selling fakes out there on Scamazon and EvilBay.

OP
OP
DaveO9

DaveO9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New starter is in - starts great and no noise from takeoff or when parked facing uphill. The pinion gear in the starter was definitely the problem. It slides back and forth with no resistance whatsoever. Flex plate looked OK from what I could see.
New plugs and wires done at same time, ended up using 41-162s from RA - thanks all for the input.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
New starter is in - starts great and no noise from takeoff or when parked facing uphill. The pinion gear in the starter was definitely the problem. It slides back and forth with no resistance whatsoever. Flex plate looked OK from what I could see.
New plugs and wires done at same time, ended up using 41-162s from RA - thanks all for the input.
You can go back to your #1 post in thread and above it to the right, you can edit thread and can add to the thread title, SOLVED and members will see that and be more apt to read the thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar