PLEASE HELP!!! I can NOT figure out what this noise is...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea as to what it is?
nope been trying to figure it out fro months new steering pump new alternator new belts and pulleys thinking maybe a vacuum leak like the other guys are saying maybe the intake manifold gaskets ?

OP
OP
xFuZzYx

xFuZzYx

IASCA Car Audio World Champion
Reaction score
nope been trying to figure it out fro months new steering pump new alternator new belts and pulleys thinking maybe a vacuum leak like the other guys are saying maybe the intake manifold gaskets ?

I replaced my stock air intake with a cold air intake and my noise is still there...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well the chassis ears will find it for sure, some auto parts stores may rent them with a refundable deposit

OP
OP
xFuZzYx

xFuZzYx

Reaction score
after looking at this a couple months later all I can think is "that poor battery", have you considered a two battery system under the hood? you could take a lot of the strain off that battery doing that, as for the annoying sound it may be time to invest in a chassis ear system
https://www.ebay.com/itm/STEELMAN-9...534944&hash=item25c75a71bb:g:BcIAAOSw2fparM67

I will look into what you just suggested, but to answer your question, I have 3 batteries in my Tahoe. And all 3 batteries are sealed agm batteries that are made specifically for car audio and the extreme amperage drain/charge they get from running such loud systems...

1 battery is under the hood:
Screenshot_20180401-211707_Instagram.jpg

2 batteries are in the rear cargo area, and they are connected with metal buss bars:
Screenshot_20180401-211807_Instagram.jpg

And here are the 8 runs of 0 gauge that go the full length of the vehicle, plus I even have 3 extra grounds that connect to the frame between the front and rear batteries:
Screenshot_20180401-211836_Instagram.jpg

xjsc16x

Reaction score
Have you considered that it could be an air leak somewhere? As in air coming into the cab through a very small hole if the trim around your windshield is not sealing in one tiny spot. You mentioned the light bar so try caulking the holes made for that.

OP
OP
xFuZzYx

xFuZzYx

Reaction score
Have you considered that it could be an air leak somewhere? As in air coming into the cab through a very small hole if the trim around your windshield is not sealing in one tiny spot. You mentioned the light bar so try caulking the holes made for that.

That is actually a legitimate possibility and I'm kind of pissed now that I never actually thought of that myself...

Because the rubber seal along the edge of the windshield on the passenger side was lifted so the wiring kit for the light bar could be hidden...

Heres a pic of what I mean:
(You can see where the wire goes under the seal at the very top, and where it comes back out at the very bottom.)
20180502_163831.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019