PLEASE HELP!!! I can NOT figure out what this noise is...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't think those parts could/would be responsible for it either, but I just figured what could it hurt to ask? Figured y'all would know more about whats going on mechanically here than I do lol.
Hard to tell without looking at my truck but does that filter life monitor allow air into MAF without going thru the air filter? U may have dirt on the MAF sensor..and I would plug that hole, not just tape it up. Technically it can still suck air thru the hole and I doubt the tape would stop it.. I wouldn't rule it out unless something were plugging the hole completely. An old spark plug or something just to test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yeah, right after taping that up, me and my friend/mechanic went to take a ride to see if that fixed it, but we could still hear it, I just never updated that specific possibility, my bad.

Well, shit.

Lastly, does anyone here think that my tire rods or Pitman and idler arms could have been responsible for that noise?

No way at all.

OP
OP
xFuZzYx

xFuZzYx

IASCA Car Audio World Champion
Reaction score
So a bit unrelated, but check out what I picked up yesterday...

IMAG0677.jpg

Here's a before install pic:

IMAG0680.jpg

And here are 2 after install pics:

IMAG0683.jpg
IMAG0684.jpg

I can not believe how much cleaner my Tahoe looks under the hood now with the new filter.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you still have the sound? If you get rid of that clutch fan it will be even cleaner.

OP
OP
xFuZzYx

xFuZzYx

Reaction score
Do you still have the sound? If you get rid of that clutch fan it will be even cleaner.

I haven't really gotten a chance to drive it much since swapping it out, the noise doesn't happen much, or if it does happen it's not very loud, when driving around town, the main time you notice it is while going down the highway, which I haven't had a chance to drive my truck on the highway since changing out the filter, but I will update y'all tomorrow on if it's still there and if it is, if it has changed any after the swap.

OP
OP
xFuZzYx

xFuZzYx

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I removed my High output alternator and sold it to a friend so I'm currently running a stock alternator while I wait on my new one to get here.

And the damn noise is still there.

Also I replaced my tire rods, my pitman arm, my idler arm, and my sway arm bushings in my front suspension and my truck rides like a brand new truck again..

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same noise on two yukons 2002 and a 2003 only does it when its below 40 degrees or so and under same conditions as you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys